Disruptions on 17 Jan due to heavy snowfall at Helsinki Airport
Heavy snowfall is expected to cause limitations to traffic and slow down other operations, like de-icing the aircraft, at Helsinki Airport on 17 Jan. Delays are expected, and we have cancelled several flights to ensure as smooth as possible operations in the challenging circumstances.
We are following the situation closely and will update any new information on this page. We do our best to minimize the effects to our customers.
You can check up to date flight information here.
The following flights are cancelled:
- Kajaani-Helsinki 17 Jan AY412
- Copenhagen-Helsinki 17 Jan AY956
- Helsinki-Copenhagen 17 Jan AY955
- Stockholm-Helsinki 17 Jan AY834
- Helsinki-Stockholm 17 Jan AY833
- Stockholm-Helsinki 17 Jan AY810
- Helsinki-Stockholm 17 Jan AY809
- Stockholm-Helsinki 17 Jan AY806
- Helsinki-Stockholm 17 Jan AY805
- Moscow-Helsinki 17 Jan AY712
- Helsinki-Moscow 17 Jan AY711
- Helsinki-Kittilä 17 Jan AY7023
- Kittilä-Ivalo 17 Jan AY7023
- Ivalo-Helsinki 17 Jan AY7023
- Rovaniemi-Helsinki 17 Jan AY544
- Helsinki-Rovaniemi 17 Jan AY543
- Oulu-Helsinki 17 Jan AY434
- Helsinki-Oulu 17 Jan AY433
- Helsinki-Kajaani 17 Jan AY411
- Kuopio-Helsinki 17 Jan AY362
- Helsinki-Kuopio 17 Jan AY361
- Joensuu-Helsinki 17 Jan AY344
- Helsinki-Joensuu 17 Jan AY343
- Tampere-Helsinki 17 Jan AY266
- Helsinki-Tampere 17 Jan AY265
- Turku-Helsinki 17 Jan AY224
- Helsinki-Turku 17 Jan AY223
- Paris-Helsinki 17 Jan AY1574
- Helsinki-Paris 17 Jan AY1573
- Brussels-Helsinki 17 Jan AY1544
- Helsinki-Brussels 17 Jan AY1543
- Stuttgart-Helsinki 17 Jan AY1452
- Helsinki-Stuttgart 17 Jan AY1451
- Berlin-Helsinki 17 Jan AY1438
- Helsinki-Berlin 17 Jan AY1437
- London-Helsinki 17 Jan AY1342
- Helsinki-London 17 Jan AY1341
- Riga-Helsinki 17 Jan AY1074
- Helsinki-Riga 17 Jan AY1073
- Shanghai-Helsinki 18 Jan AY088
- Helsinki-Shanghai 17 Jan AY087
If you have a booking on any of the disrupted flights, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking on our website or Finnair App and check that we have your current contact information, so that we can reach you in a case of disruption.
Your options, if your flight is cancelled
1. You can change your travel date +/- 7 days from the original date by contacting Finnair Customer Service.
2. We re-route you to your destination as soon as possible. This may take some time. Thank you for your patience! After we’ve re-routed your journey, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. You can also find your updated travel plan via Manage booking. If you wish to make changes to your re-routing, we kindly ask you to contact Finnair Customer Service.
3. If changing flight date or re-routing is not suitable for your travel plan, you can also apply for full refund for your unused flight ticket.
For further information, you can call our customer service. We are at your service also on Twitter @FinnairHelps, in our Facebook pages and via chat on finnair.com. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
You can check your passenger rights on our website.
We apologize for any inconvenience!