Información de vuelo
Hong Kong Airport closure has disrupted several flights between Helsinki and Hong Kong
Due to demonstrations in Hong Kong, the airport is closed and several flights between Helsinki Hong Kong are unfortunately disrupted on August 12-14 2019. There are both cancellations and delays.
First published on 12 August 2019
We kindly ask passengers to arrive early at the airport due to demonstrations taking place in the Hong Kong area.
Please prepare to show your travel documents for access to the airport.
We are following the situation closely and will update any new information on this page. We do our best to minimize the effects on our customers.
You can check up to date flight information here.
The following flights have been cancelled:
- Aug 12 Helsinki – Hong Kong (AY101)
- Aug 13 Hong Kong – Helsinki (AY102)
The following flights will be delayed:
- Aug 12 Helsinki – Hong Kong (AY99)
- Aug 13 Hong Kong – Helsinki (AY100)
- Aug 14 Hong Kong -Helsinki (AY100)
If you have a booking on any of the disrupted flights, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking on our website or Finnair App and check that we have your current contact information, so that we can reach you in a case of disruption.
1. You can choose to change your original flight date once free of charge with the following conditions:
- Original travel date is 12-14 August 2019
- New travel dates are from 13 August until 31 August 2019 (local time)
- You can change the flights from mentioned flights to Finnair and other oneworld connections upon availability
- Change of origin or destination is allowed to other Greater China destinations on Finnair flights during 13-31 August 2019 upon availability. In this case, the passenger is responsible for documents and transportation from the new destination to the original destination.
If you wish to change your original flight date, please contact Finnair Customer Service or your travel agency.
2. If your flight is cancelled, we do our best to re-route you to your destination as soon as possible. As the availability of alternative flights is limited, re-routing may be difficult and take time. Thank you for your patience! After we’ve re-routed your journey, you can find your updated travel plan via Manage booking. If you wish to make changes to your re-routing, we kindly ask you to contact Finnair Customer Service.
3. If changing flight date or re-routing is not on option for you, you can also apply for full refund for your unused and cancelled flight ticket.
For further information, you can call our Finnair Customer service. We are at your service also on Twitter @FinnairHelps, in our Facebook pages and via chat on finnair.com. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
You can check your passenger rights on our website.
We apologize for any inconvenience!