Información de vuelo
Changes in our traffic plan for summer 2022
We have updated our traffic plan for summer 2022, as the closure of the Russian airspace impacts our Asian traffic. See the instructions here if your travel plans are affected due to changes.
Due to the closure of the Russian airspace, we have updated our traffic plan for summer 2022. During the summer season we connect customers from Helsinki Airport to almost 70 European destinations, five North American destinations and eight Asian destinations, including new destination Mumbai.
Some long-haul flights to Asia are cancelled, and consequently, frequencies in our European network are adjusted to the resulting decrease in transferring customers. We book you an alternative flight or you can apply for a full refund if your flight is cancelled. We are very sorry if your flight is disrupted. You can read more about changes to our flights to Asian destinations here.
You can check available destinations and flights on booking engine.
How do I know if my flight is cancelled or the schedule is changed?
If there are changes to your flight, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or email. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information.
Your options if your flight is cancelled
If you have received a message of a flight cancellation, these are your options:
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination as soon as possible. As availability of alternative flights is limited, re-routing may take time. Thank you for your patience. We’ll send you your new flight information via SMS and/or email, and you can check it and other possible flight options also via Manage Booking. In case you don’t find a suitable alternative flight in Manage booking, you can contact our customer service or your travel agency.
- In case you don’t want to use any of the flights in your booking and want to cancel your whole booking, you can apply for a refund online. If you want to use some of the flights in your booking and apply for a refund of a cancelled flight, please contact our customer service.
- If we have cancelled all the flights in your booking, you can apply for a refund online.
- Due to the schedule or/and flight change, unfortunately we might not be able to confirm some of the pre-purchased or pre-booked travel extras such as meals or pet transportation to your new flights. You can see confirmed services in Manage Booking. If you do not receive travel extras purchased from Finnair, you can apply for a refund online.
- For flight tickets and extras purchased through other service providers, such as a travel agent, please apply for the refund directly from them.
Changes to bookings for flights to be operated between March and October 2022
- If we haven’t cancelled your flight but you wish to cancel your reservation, the refund will be according to the ticket rule.
- For bookings made latest on 31 May 2022, you can change your travel dates via Manage booking or our customer service without a change fee and travel within your ticket validity. Check more detailed conditions and instructions for making changes here.
- For bookings made from 1 June 2022 onwards, our normal ticket rules apply. Read more about the normal ticket rules here and our ticket types and their benefits here.
Contacting our customer service
If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or a tour operator, please contact them to make changes to your reservation or to apply for a refund. If you booked your ticket through Finnair, our customer service is working hard to help you. We are at your service also via chat on our website or Finnair app. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested. If you are not travelling within the next 60 days, we kindly ask you to contact us at a later date via chat or phone. If you need guidance on entry restrictions, please visit our interactive Travel requirements map.
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Check also our QA here.
You can see your passenger rights here.