Some flights to and from Dubai cancelled in February–April
As Finnair is not using the Iranian airspace due to the unrest in Irans, our traffic plan between Helsinki and Dubai changes and some of our flights to/from Dubai will be cancelled from February to April. Read more for further information.
Due to the unrest in Iran, Finnair is not using the Iranian airspace. This causes changes to our traffic plan between Helsinki and Dubai, and we need to cancel some of our flights to/from Dubai from February to April. We are sorry for the inconvenience this situation causes you and do our best to minimize the effects to you. We are following the situation closely and will update any new information on this page.
The following flights will be cancelled between 1 February and 29 March:
- Helsinki-Dubai at 20.40 (AY1969) (Thursday, Saturday, Sunday), except during the winter holiday season 15 February - 28 February flights will be operated with a fuel stop in Hurghada en route.
- Dubai-Helsinki at 06.05 (AY1970) (Monday, Friday, Sunday), except during the winter holiday season 15 February - 28 February flights will be operated with a fuel stop in Hurghada en route
The following flights will be cancelled between 29 March and 13 April:
- Helsinki-Dubai at 20.40 (AY1969) (Thursday, Sunday)
- Dubai-Helsinki at 06.05 (AY1970) (Monday, Friday)
If you have a booking on any of the disrupted flights, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information so that we can reach you in a case of disruption.
You can choose from the following options if your flight is cancelled
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination on other Finnair flights as soon as possible. As the availability of alternative flights is limited, re-routing may take time. Thank you for your patience. After we’ve re-routed your journey, you can find your updated travel plan and other possible flight options and dates via Manage booking. If you wish to make changes to your re-routing and choose a later date for your travel, if there is availability, you can also contact Finnair Customer Service or your travel agency.
- You can change your travel date -1/+7 days from the original date via Manage booking, or by contacting Finnair Customer Service or your travel agency.
- You can apply for a full refund for the unused part of your flight ticket.
Longer flight time for flights to be operated
As we are not using the Iranian airspace, the flight route between Helsinki and Dubai is longer than usual and fueling stops are possible. Due to this, the flight time of our flights between Helsinki and Dubai is approximately 2 hours longer than usual. Please take this into account when preparing for your flight.
We will provide a complimentary, light hot meal and a snack during the flight. Preorder meals will not be served on these flights, and they are not available for purchase. If you’ve already pre-ordered a meal for your flight, we will refund it to you automatically.
For further information, please contact our customer service. We are at your service also on Twitter @FinnairHelps, in our Facebook pages and via chat on finnair.com. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
You can check your passenger rights here.