Flights from the UK and Ireland to Finland temporarily suspended from 21 December 2020 to 24 January 2021
Restrictions set by The Finnish authority Traficom are extended until 24 January 2021. We will suspend our flights from the UK and Ireland to Finland temporarily from 21 December 2020 to 24 January 2021 due to the rapidly changed coronavirus situation in the UK and and Ireland.
We will operate some flights from Helsinki to the UK during this period, but the return flights will not be open for customers due to the restrictions. According to the current plan, we will operate flight AY1337 from Helsinki to London Heathrow on the following dates:
16.1., 17.1., 18.1., 23.1. and 24.1.
Additionally we will operate flight AY1331 from Helsinki to London Heathrow on 16.1., 17.1. and 24.1.
We will also operate flights AY1365 to Manchester and AY1373 to Edinburgh on 16.1. and 23.1. The return flights back to Helsinki will be cargo or ferry flights only.
We are sorry for the harm this situation causes you. If you have a booking on any of the disrupted flights, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information.
YOUR OPTIONS IF YOUR FLIGHT IS CANCELLED:
- You can change your travel dates without a change fee maximum 360 days onwards from the day you are making the change. You can do this via Manage booking, or if you can’t make the change yourself online, our customer service will assist you. You can change your travel dates if:
- You made your booking via Finnair channels
- You have a Finnair operated and marketed flight
- There are available seats in the same cabin class on the new flight you have chosen
- You make the change before the departure of your original flight. You need to select new dates for your travel when making the change.
- Please note that if you want to make further changes after the first change the Book with confidence policy applies.
- You can cancel your booking via Manage booking and then apply for a refund for your unused flight ticket by filling in this online form. If you are unable to cancel your booking via Manage booking, our customer service can assist you. If we have cancelled all the flights in your booking, you can apply for a refund online without cancelling the booking.
If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible, otherwise, you can apply for a refund online (undelivered service). Also, if your flight is cancelled, you can apply for a refund for any travel extras you had purchased and did not receive.
CONTACTING OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE
If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or a tour operator, please contact them to make changes to your reservation or to apply for a refund. If you booked your ticket through Finnair, our customer service is working hard to help you in this extremely exceptional situation. We are at your service also via chat, on Twitter @FinnairHelps and on our Facebook pages. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
You can see your passenger rights here.