Are you planning to travel and need a certificate proving you are fit to travel? Before travelling, check the latest travel restrictions and guidelines by country from our travel requirements map. Some countries require a coronavirus test, and you may obtain the required certificates from any chosen service provider, as long as the certificate fulfils the requirements of your destination country.
Our partnership with Pihlajalinna
To offer you more options for affordable coronavirus testing, we have partnered with private Finnish healthcare service company, Pihlajalinna.
As a Finnair customer with a Finnair flight booking, you can get your coronavirus test for a discounted price at any Pihlajalinna test location.
The benefits you get
- Discounted price: The rapid antigen test is €80 and RT-PCR test €93. The price includes all costs related to the shipment, sampling and electronic certification. There is no Kela compensation for the test.
- Testing locations all over Finland: an updated list of testing sites can be found on the Pihlajalinna website.
- Fast results: you will receive the test result and a certificate in English via secure email within 3 hours of sampling for the rapid antigen test, and within 24 hours for the RT-PCR test, if the result is negative. The test result is also transferred to your My Kanta pages. Please note that at some test sites the certificate will be delivered within approximately 36 hours. This information is available in the test site details.
How to get the test
- Book your appointment for the test online at Pihlajalinna website at www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair. You can book the test with a Finnish social security number, or if you don’t have one, via the Pihlajalinna telephone service at +358 10 312 010.
- When booking your test, you will need to fill in your Finnair booking reference. Please also prepare to present your Finnair flight booking at the testing point. You can find your 6-character booking reference number in your e-ticket (for example, Y2KP3D).
- You can find the locations and opening hours of the test points on the Pihlajalinna website.
- Both the rapid antigen test and the RT-PCR test are taken from the nasopharynx.
- You can pay for the test at the testing point. The most common debit and credit cards are accepted. If you have a Finnish social security number, you can also ask for an invoice.
- If you need to get the certificate on paper, you can get it from the doctor's office against your identity card, or you can print it yourself from My Kanta.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct certificate required by your destination country. You can check the current requirements on our travel requirements map or by contacting the local embassy or other authorities of your destination country.
Our partnership with Terveystalo
We want to ensure you easy access to testing services at a discounted price and have partnered with private Finnish healthcare service company Terveystalo. You can start your journey with peace of mind, as you are provided with an adequate test and a certificate that fulfils your destination country’s requirements.
PCR test from nose and throat used by Terveystalo meets the international quality standards. Terveystalo also offers rapid antigen testing from nose and throat or IgM antibody testing through a blood sample. If needed, you can also book a test-only option without the certificate.
The benefits you get
- Peace of mind: You know you are not carrying coronavirus without symptoms and will receive a traveller’s coronavirus certificate required by your destination country.
- Speedy service: We guarantee that your test result and certificate are ready in a timely manner considering the destination requirements. Please book your appointment in good time before your travel. Testing is fast through Terveystalo’s wide network and the waiting time for the result is minimised. In the capital area of Finland, you will receive your result in 12 hours from testing and elsewhere in Finland in 30 hours on average.
- Discounted price: As a Finnair customer you get discounted prices on the following services: Terveystalo's asymptomatic person's PCR coronary examination, antigen rapid test and IgM antibody test. You get the discount when using the Finnair service at Terveystalo website.
- Payment with Finnair Plus points: You can use your Finnair Plus points to pay for the service. To use your points, go to Finnair Shop and purchase a voucher before your visit to the clinic. Please note that you need to be logged in to your Finnair Plus account to be able to purchase the voucher.
To receive the Finnair discount, please book your appointment through the channels described below.
Please do this to use the service
- Proceed to Terveystalo online service, and select the desired service.
- When you select the service you want, the chatbot of Terveystalo, Terveysbotti, will first request preliminary information about your trip and then you will be transferred to discuss with a Terveystalo expert.
- The Terveystalo specialist will book your appointment to ensure your test is taken and the result is ready in a timely manner. Choose the clinic that best suits you from Terveystalo’s network.
- In case you want to utilize your Finnair Plus points to pay for the service, go to Finnair Shop and purchase a voucher before your visit to the clinic.
- Visit the clinic for testing following the given instructions.
- Please pay for the test at the clinic. As a Finnair customer, you get the test at a discounted price.
- You will receive an SMS after your result is ready, and you will see the result via Oma Terveys service.
- You will receive the certificate electronically through Oma Terveys service or an encrypted email. The test result is also submitted to the Kanta Service for an EU corona certificate. If you need a signed and stamped copy, you can pick it up from the Terveystalo service point you chose during the chat.
- In case you are unable to use the online service and go through the required strong identification, you can call +358 (0)30 633 9530. The charge is 8,35 cent/call + 3,20 cent/min. From a mobile phone 8,35 cent/call + 19,33 cent/min.
Get the test at the right time
It varies between countries how recent the test result needs to be. Please consult the Terveystalo specialist about your destination country’s requirements when booking your appointment. It is good to notice that travel requirements may change, and it is important that you follow the requirements in your destination closely, as it is always the traveller’s responsibility.