Informations sur les vols
Changes in our traffic plan on 1 July 2020–31 March 2021
As the coronavirus pandemic still affects air travel and travel restrictions significantly, we have adjusted our traffic plan. See the instructions if you have a booking for 1 July 2020 onwards.
We have adjusted our traffic plan and will cancel flights from the previously published traffic plan in our booking engine from 1 July 2020 to 31 March 2021. Some routes will be temporarily cancelled until the end of March 2021. We are processing the changes and cancellations of the winter season traffic in phases. You will be informed personally latest in the end of October if your flight has been cancelled. We are sorry for the possible congestions at our customer service.
We are closely following the demand and changes in travel restrictions in different countries and will adjust our traffic plan accordingly. This means that further cancellations are possible. As travel restrictions are being removed and air travel starts to recover, we will gradually add frequencies and routes back to our network.
We are extremely sorry about the harm and uncertainty this situation causes you.
How do I know if my flight is cancelled?
You’ll see the list of entirely cancelled routes between July 2020 and March 2021 here.
We fly less than originally planned also to other destinations. You can check up-to-date travel periods on our booking engine. Travel restrictions may result in further cancellations, and we are cancelling flights from our systems gradually as decisions of operations are made.
If your flight is cancelled, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or email. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information.
If your flight on/after 1 July is cancelled
When your flight is on the list of entirely cancelled routes or you have received a message of a flight cancellation, these are your options:
- You can change your travel dates until 30 September 2021 without a change fee via Manage booking. If you can’t make the change yourself online, our customer service will assist you. You can change your travel dates if:
- You made your booking via Finnair channels.
- You have a Finnair operated and marketed flight.
- There are available seats in the same cabin class on the new flight you have chosen.
- You make the change before the departure of your original flight. You need to select new dates for your travel when making the change.
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination with other Finnair flights. Please note that the availability of alternative flights is currently limited. We’ll send you your new flight information via SMS and/or email, and you can check it and other possible flight options also via Manage booking.
- You can cancel your booking via Manage booking and then apply for a refund for the unused part of your flight ticket by filling in this online form. If you are unable to cancel your booking via Manage booking, our customer service can assist you. If we have cancelled all the flights in your booking, you can apply for a refund without cancelling the booking.
- When any of the flights in your booking (for example only the return flight) has been cancelled, you can apply for a refund for all the unused flights on the same ticket.
- If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible, otherwise, you can apply for a refund online (undelivered service). Also, if your flight is cancelled, you can apply for a refund for any travel extras you had purchased and did not receive.
Changes to bookings for flights to be operated after 1 July 2020
- If we haven’t cancelled your flight but you wish to cancel your reservation, the refund will be according to the ticket rule.
- For bookings made latest on 31 March 2021, you can change your travel dates via Manage booking or our customer service without a change fee and travel within your ticket validity. Check more detailed conditions and instructions for making changes here.
Contacting our Customer Service
If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or a tour operator, please contact them to make changes to your reservation or to apply for a refund. If you booked your ticket through Finnair, our customer service is working hard to help you in this extremely exceptional situation. We are at your service also via chat, on Twitter @FinnairHelps and on our Facebook pages. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Check also our QA here.
You can see your passenger rights here.