Informations sur les vols
Changes in Helsinki Airport’s traffic arrangements, departure hall services and border control for arriving passengers
Helsinki Airport renews to offer you an even smoother travel experience in the future. For the time being, there are changes in the airport's traffic and parking arrangments, check-in and bag drop services for Economy Class and the border control on arrival.
During the construction work, there are changes in the airport’s traffic and parking arrangements. We have also renewed the check-in and bag drop services for Finnair Economy Class customers. In addition, the border control for passengers arriving in Helsinki has gone through changes.
Please allow extra time when arriving at the airport especially during the morning and afternoon peak and the holiday seasons. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Changes in traffic and parking arrangements
- If you arrive at the airport by taxi or someone drops you off at the terminal, the right place for this at Terminal 2 is on the arrivals level. Please note that cars can stop only briefly in front of the terminal to avoid congestion. If you wish to accompany someone into the terminal or pick someone up, please use the short-term parking area in P3.
- The taxi station serves customers on the ground floor of the terminal. To get to the new taxi station, customers can take the escalators or an elevator in the Arrivals hall 2A near Burger King restaurant.
- The bus station is currently in front of the Scandic hotel, and also the fast Finnair City Bus to Helsinki city centre leaves from here.
- Parking halls P1 and P2 are closed. You can use parking halls P3 and P5 and outside parking area P4. Short-term and premium parking will be in P3.
- The renewal of Helsinki Airport will be completed in 2022. Find out more at Finavia’s website.
Renewed check-in and bag drop services for Economy Class customers
- We encourage our Economy Class customers to do check-in through our website or Finnair app already before arriving at the airport or by using the self-service check-in kiosks at the airport.
- You can leave your bags through self-service bag drops in the departure hall. Please print the bag tag at a check-in kiosk before leaving the baggage in the self-service bag drop. Self-service bag drops 207-211 are open all day. During the peak hours, also bag drops 225-229 are at your service.
- If you are travelling to the USA with direct Finnair flights or need special assistance, please do the check-in and bag drop with our agents at service counters 214-217.
- Priority and Service desks (201-206) remain the same as before.
- Our ground crew guides assist you with self-service channels and help you with all other departure related questions as well.
Changes at the border control for arriving passengers
- If you are arriving at Helsinki Airport from outside the Schengen area, you will find your way into the arrival hall through the renewed border control area.
- EU citizens, as well as citizens of Japan and South Korea, can use automated border control gates, which ensure a swift border check within a matter of seconds.
- Citizens from other non-Schengen countries will be directed to the manned booths, where travel documents must be presented to the border guard.
- In addition, there are separate queues for passengers travelling in large groups.
- When travelling with infants or baggage trolleys you must use the manual control lane. Customers using wheelchairs independently may use the automated gates.