Changes in our traffic plan for winter 2021-2022
As the coronavirus pandemic still affects air travel and flight demands globally, we have reviewed our traffic plan for winter 2021 - 2022. See the instructions here if you have a flight between September 2021 and March 2022.
We have adjusted our traffic plan for winter 2021-2022. We will fly less than originally planned and some routes and flights between September 2021 and March 2022 will be cancelled.
We are extremely sorry about the harm this situation causes you and possible delays at our customer service at the time of the cancellations.
We have been increasing the number of destinations and frequencies according to the demand and travel restrictions set by destination countries. Entry requirements have been slowly eased, yet some countries have limited the entrance only to the residents and nationals of their country. We are following the demand and changes in travel guidance closely and will adjust our traffic plan accordingly during winter 2021-2022.
You can check available destinations and flights on our booking engine.
How do I know if my flight is cancelled?
If your flight is cancelled, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or email. We will cancel the flights and communicate the cancellations to customers gradually. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information.
Your options if your flight is cancelled
If you have received a message of a flight cancellation, these are your options:
- You can change your travel dates without a change fee maximum 360 days onwards from the day you are making the change. You can do this via Manage booking, or if you can’t make the change yourself online, our customer service will assist you. You can change your travel dates if:
- You made your booking via Finnair channels.
- You have a Finnair operated and marketed flight.
- There are available seats in the same cabin class on the new flight you have chosen .
- You make the change before the departure of your original flight. You need to select new dates for your travel when making the change.
- Please note that if you want to make further changes after the first change the Book with confidence policy applies.
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination with other Finnair flights. Please note that the availability of alternative flights is currently limited. We’ll send you your new flight information via SMS and/or email, and you can check it and other possible flight options also via Manage booking.
- In case you don’t want to use any of the flights in your booking and want to cancel your whole booking, you can apply for a refund online. If you want to use some of the flights in your booking and apply for a refund of a cancelled flight, please contact our customer service.
- If we have cancelled all the flights in your booking, you can apply for a refund online.
- Due to the schedule or/and flight change, unfortunately we might not be able to confirm some of the pre-purchased or pre-booked travel extras such as meals or pet transportation to your new flights. You can see confirmed services in Manage Booking. If you do not receive travel extras purchased from Finnair, you can apply for a refund online.
- For flight tickets and extras purchased through other service providers, such as a travel agent, please apply for the refund directly from them.
Changes to bookings for flights to be operated between September 2021 and March 2022
- If we haven’t cancelled your flight but you wish to cancel your reservation, the refund will be according to the ticket rule.
- For bookings made latest on 31 May 2022, you can change your travel dates via Manage booking or our customer service without a change fee and travel within your ticket validity. Check more detailed conditions and instructions for making changes here.
Contacting our customer service
If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or a tour operator, please contact them to make changes to your reservation or to apply for a refund. If you booked your ticket through Finnair, our customer service is working hard to help you in this extremely exceptional situation. We are at your service also via chat on our website or Finnair App. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Check also our QA here.
You can see your passenger rights here.