Your guide dog, hearing dog or service dog is warmly welcome to travel with you on board all our flights free of charge.
Assistance and service dogs
Your assistance dog can travel in the floor space in front of your seat. When the fasten safety belt sign is on, the dog should be placed under the seat in front of you. In case you’re wondering if there is enough room for your dog in the cabin, please contact our customer service to have more information.
Please let us know about your dog at least 48 hours before your flight through the special assistance form or by contacting our customer service. We will ask some details about your dog, including its breed and size. We will then confirm that your dog is allowed on board, and you can start your journey with peace of mind.
We hope that this checklist will help you to prepare for your flight with your assistance dog:
- To ensure smooth departure and arrival to your destination, please make sure that your dog complies with all the sanitary requirements in the departure and arrival countries.
- As flying can be exciting for animals, it is good to make sure that your dog is comfortable with travelling and accustomed to different circumstances on the way.
- To show others that your dog is travelling on duty, we recommend it wears a harness or something similar.
- On our direct flights to or from the United States, passengers are permitted to travel with a service dog, including a psychiatric service dog, that is individually trained to perform tasks for the benefit of a qualified individual with a disability.
- Please note that emotional support animals are no longer classified as service animals under the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, and Finnair will no longer accept or accommodate the emotional support animal classification.