Please note that as of 1 December, Finnair departure services at Helsinki Airport will gradually move to the new Terminal 2. Learn more about the renewal here.
Check-in at the airport
Self-service check-in kiosks are available at the following locations:
- Airports: Amsterdam, Bangkok, Beijing, Bergen, Billund, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Fukuoka, Geneva, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Keflavik, Kittilä, London, Munich, Oulu, Prague, Reykjavik, Rovaniemi, St. Petersburg, Stockholm-Arlanda, Stockholm-Bromma, Tallinn, Tampere, Tromsö, Turku, Umeå, Vienna, Vaasa, Warsaw and Zürich.
- Hilton Helsinki Airport hotel, next to Terminal 2
- The departure hall for the Arlanda Express at Stockholm Central Station, and the Cityterminalen bus station in Stockholm city centre.
- Copenhagen railway station
- Kowloon railway station, Hong Kong City
Watch the video to see how you can check in for a Finnair flight using the check-in kiosks.
At Helsinki Airport, you can check in for your flight the evening prior to departure between 6 p.m. and 9.30 p.m.
If you're travelling with your family and have everyone's tickets and travel documents at hand, one of you can check in all your baggage. Please note that for flights to the USA, each passenger must be present at the check-in for travel documents check.
On the day of departure you can then all go directly to security control when you arrive at the airport.
You can check in at the Priority Check-in desk if:
- You are travelling with a Business Flex, Business Classic, Business Saver or PRO ticket.
- You are a Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo, Platinum, Gold or Silver member.
Check-in for connecting flights
Finnair will check your baggage to the final destination marked in your ticket.
When baggage is not checked through for a connecting flight, it is delivered to the baggage claim area. Please collect your baggage and check it in for your connecting flight.
Check-in for groups
Passengers travelling as a group can check in online in advance or at a check-in kiosk at the airport.
Groups can also request their travel agent to arrange them a special check-in at Helsinki Airport.