Safe travel during coronavirus
Are you planning to travel and need a certificate proving you are fit to travel? Some countries require a negative coronavirus test result and a certificate from passengers arriving in the country.
Before travelling, check the latest travel restrictions and guidelines by country from our travel requirements map. Some countries require a coronavirus test, and you may obtain the required certificates from any chosen service provider, as long as the certificate fulfils the requirements of your destination country.
With Finnair, you can now take an affordable rapid coronavirus antigen test near Helsinki Airport. Or take advantage of our partnership with Finnish healthcare service company Terveystalo and get a PCR test for a discounted price.
Finnair rapid antigen test
To make travelling smoother for you, we have introduced a new affordable rapid coronavirus antigen test that you can take near Helsinki Airport. The results will be ready within two hours, so you can conveniently take the test before your journey. The testing is handled by Finnair Health Services.
Benefits of the Finnair rapid antigen test
- Affordable price: the test costs €65. The price includes all costs related to the referral, sampling and electronic certification as well as a new test if the result is positive. Please note that there is no Kela reimbursement for the test (for Finnish citizens).
- Fast results: if the test is negative, you will receive the results and certificate in English within two hours from the sampling as a secured email. The results will also be added to your My Kanta Pages (for Finnish citizens).
- Location near the airport: the testing point is at the Finnair main headquarters near Helsinki Airport.
Arriving for the test
- Book your appointment for the test online at finnairtest.mbooking.fi (booking opens 30 July afternoon). You can book the test with a Finnish social security number, or if you don’t have one, with your date of birth.
- The testing point is open from Monday to Friday at 8 a.m.–4 p.m. The address is Tietotie 9, Vantaa, Finland.
- You can pay for the test with a debit or credit card at the testing point. We accept the following payment cards and methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Visa Electron, Maestro, Discover, UnionPay, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- When using public transport, Teknikontie bus stop is right next to the location. Aviapolis and Airport train stations are also within a short walking distance.
- If you arrive by car, you can use the Europark P-HOTT parking hall at Tietotie 9, Vantaa.
- Please follow the signs to the second-floor waiting area and register there. We will call you by name when your turn comes.
- The rapid antigen test is taken from the nasopharynx, and the certificate will be delivered within two hours from the sampling.
Where can I travel with a rapid coronavirus antigen test?
Many countries already accept the rapid antigen test, and we expect the number to increase in the future.
If your destination country requires a PCR test, you can take advantage of our partnership with Finnish healthcare service company, Terveystalo. Alternatively, you can get the test from other local healthcare providers.
Please keep in mind that you are responsible for having the certificate required by your destination country. You can check the current requirements on our travel requirements map or by contacting the local embassy or other authorities of your destination country.
Can I take the test right before my flight?
Yes, as long as you reserve enough time for the sampling, receiving the results and getting around the airport. You will receive the certificate within two hours of taking the sample, and you must be at the airport at least 2–3 hours before departure. Please note that when travelling to some destinations, you may be requested to show your certificate already at check-in.
What should I do if my test is positive?
If you test positive for coronavirus, you will not be able to travel. We will invite you to a confirmatory test and you will receive further instructions from the doctor. Some travel insurances may cover the cost of cancelling a trip due to illness, so it’s good to check the terms of your own travel insurance.
How can an airline offer coronavirus testing?
Medical testing and health services are not our core business, but as health certificates play a significant role in reopening travel opportunities, we want to help our customers in obtaining them. The test we use is certified and meets international quality standards.
Finnair Health Services is a health care unit that has been working at Finnair since 1979. We offer occupational health care services as well as aero-medical services for the Finnair Group employees, as well as, for example, aero-medical checks for private customers.
Our partnership with Terveystalo
We want to ensure you easy access to testing services at a discounted price and have partnered with private Finnish healthcare service company Terveystalo. You can start your journey with peace of mind, as you are provided with an adequate test and a certificate that fulfils your destination country’s requirements.
PCR test from nose and throat used by Terveystalo meets the international quality standards. Terveystalo also offers rapid antigen testing from nose and throat or IgM antibody testing through a blood sample. If needed, you can also book a test-only option without the certificate.
The benefits you get
- Peace of mind: You know you are not carrying coronavirus without symptoms and will receive a traveller’s coronavirus certificate required by your destination country.
- Speedy service: We guarantee that your test result and certificate are ready in a timely manner considering the destination requirements. Please book your appointment in good time before your travel. Testing is fast through Terveystalo’s wide network and the waiting time for the result is minimised. In the capital area of Finland, you will receive your result in 24 hours from testing and elsewhere in Finland in 36 hours on average.
- Discounted price: As a Finnair Plus member, you will get a discount of -10% from the normal Terveystalo PCR coronavirus test, rapid antigen test or the IgM antibody test. As a Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo, Platinum or Gold member your discount is even more, -15%. To get the -15% discount, please prove your membership when paying for the service at the clinic.
During a summer campaign until 31 August 2021, the discounts are even higher: 20% for Finnair Plus members and 30% for Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo, Platinum and Gold members. You can check the prices here.
- Payment with Finnair Plus points: You can use your Finnair Plus points to pay for the service. To use your points, go to Finnair Shop and purchase a voucher before your visit to the clinic. Please note that you need to be logged in to your Finnair Plus account to be able to purchase the voucher.
To receive the Finnair discount, please book your appointment through the channels described below.
Please do this to use the service
- Proceed to Terveystalo online service, and select a test and a certificate or a test-only option.
- For a test and a certificate, you will chat with a Terveystalo specialist. Please prepare to tell about your destination and travel time, for example. When you choose the test-only option, please give your information to Terveystalo’s chatbot Terveysbotti.
- The Terveystalo specialist will book your appointment to ensure your test is taken and the result is ready in a timely manner. Choose the clinic that best suits you from Terveystalo’s network.
- In case you want to utilize your Finnair Plus points to pay for the service, go to Finnair Shop and purchase a voucher before your visit to the clinic.
- Visit the clinic for testing following the given instructions.
- Please pay for the test at the clinic. As a Finnair customer, you will receive a 10% discount. To receive the 15% tier discount, please prove your membership with your Finnair Plus card or Finnair app.
- You will receive an SMS after your result is ready, and you will see the result via Oma Terveys service.
- You will receive the certificate electronically through Oma Terveys service or an encrypted email. If you need a signed and stamped copy, you can pick it up from the Terveystalo service point you chose during the chat.
- In case you are unable to use the online service and go through the required strong identification, you can call +358 (0)30 633 9530. The charge is 8,35 cent/call + 3,20 cent/min. From a mobile phone 8,35 cent/call + 19,33 cent/min.
Get the test at the right time
It varies between countries how recent the test result needs to be. Please consult the Terveystalo specialist about your destination country’s requirements when booking your appointment. It is good to notice that travel requirements may change, and it is important that you follow the requirements in your destination closely, as it is always the traveller’s responsibility.