Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
Finnair Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
- For international flights covered by this plan that depart from or arrive at a U.S. airport, Finnair will not permit an aircraft to remain on the tarmac at a U.S. airport for more than four hours before allowing passengers to deplane, unless: (i) The pilot-in-command determines there is a safety-related or security-related reason why the aircraft cannot leave its position on the tarmac to deplane passengers; or (ii) Air traffic control advises the pilot-in-command that returning to the gate or another disembarkation point elsewhere in order to deplane passengers would significantly disrupt airport operations.
- For all flights covered by this plan, Finnair will provide adequate food and potable water no later than two hours after the aircraft leaves the gate (in the case of departure) or touches down (in the case of arrival) if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, unless the pilot-in-command determines that safety or security considerations preclude such service.
- For all flights covered by this plan, Finnair will provide operable lavatory facilities, as well as adequate medical attention if needed, while the aircraft remains on the tarmac.
- For all flights covered by this plan, Finnair will notify passengers regarding the status of the delay every 30 minutes while the aircraft is delayed, including the reasons for the tarmac delay, if known.
- For all flights covered by this plan, Finnair will notify passengers on the delayed flight beginning 30 minutes after the scheduled departure time (including any revised departure time that passengers were notified about before boarding), and every 30 minutes thereafter that they have the opportunity to deplane from an aircraft that is at the gate or another disembarkation area with the door open, if the opportunity to deplane actually exists.
- Finnair has sufficient resources to implement this Plan.
- Finnair has coordinated this plan with airport authorities (including terminal facility operators where applicable) at each U.S. airport we serve, as well as our regular U.S. diversion airports.
- Finnair has coordinated this plan with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at each U.S. airport we serve, including diversion airports.
- Finnair has coordinated this plan with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at each U.S. airport we serve, including diversion airports.