Changes in our traffic plan for April 2021
As the coronavirus pandemic still affects air travel significantly, we have reviewed our traffic plan for April 2021. See the instructions if you have a booking for April 2021.
We have adjusted our traffic plan for April 2021. We will fly less than originally planned and a number of flights in April will be cancelled. We are extremely sorry about the harm and uncertainty this situation causes you.
Our aim is to increase the number of destinations and frequencies, as the demand recovers and travel restrictions are eased. We follow the demand and changes in travel guidance closely and will adjust our traffic plan accordingly, adding or cancelling flights as needed.
You can check available destinations and flights on our booking engine. We will do the next traffic plan review in January 2021.
How do I know if my flight is cancelled?
If your flight is cancelled, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or email. We will cancel the flights and communicate the cancellations to customers gradually by 16 December. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information.
Your options if your flight is cancelled
If you have received a message of a flight cancellation, these are your options:
- You can change your travel dates without a change fee maximum 360 days onwards from the day you are making the change. You can do this via Manage booking, or if you can’t make the change yourself online, our customer service will assist you. You can change your travel dates if:
- You made your booking via Finnair channels
- You have a Finnair operated and marketed flight
- There are available seats in the same cabin class on the new flight you have chosen
- You make the change before the departure of your original flight. You need to select new dates for your travel when making the change.
- Please note that if you want to make further changes after the first change the Book with confidence policy applies.
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination with other Finnair flights. Please note that the availability of alternative flights is currently limited. We’ll send you your new flight information via SMS and/or email, and you can check it and other possible flight options also via Manage booking.
- You can cancel your booking via Manage booking and then apply for a refund for the unused part of your flight ticket by filling in this online form. If you are unable to cancel your booking via Manage booking, our customer service can assist you. If we have cancelled all the flights in your booking, you can apply for a refund without cancelling the booking.
- When any of the flights in your booking (for example only the return flight) has been cancelled, you can apply for a refund for all the unused flights on the same ticket.
- If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible, otherwise, you can apply for a refund online (undelivered service). Also, if your flight is cancelled, you can apply for a refund for any travel extras you had purchased and did not receive.
Changes to bookings for flights to be operated in April
- If we haven’t cancelled your flight but you wish to cancel your reservation, the refund will be according to the ticket rule.
- For bookings made latest on 31 August 2021, you can change your travel dates via Manage booking or our customer service without a change fee and travel within your ticket validity. Check more detailed conditions and instructions for making changes here.
Contacting our Customer Service
If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or a tour operator, please contact them to make changes to your reservation or to apply for a refund. If you booked your ticket through Finnair, our customer service is working hard to help you in this extremely exceptional situation. We are at your service also via chat, on Twitter @FinnairHelps and on our Facebook pages. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Check also our QA here.
You can see your passenger rights here.