Disruptions on 28 Jan due to snowfall and wind at Helsinki Airport
Challenging snow and wind conditions are expected to cause limitations to traffic and slow down other operations, like de-icing the aircraft, at Helsinki Airport on 28 Jan. Delays are expected, and we have cancelled some flights to ensure as smooth as possible operations throughout the afternoon.
First published on 27 January 2019
We are following the situation closely and will update any new information on this page. We do our best to minimize the effects on our customers.
You can check up to date flight information here.
The following flights are cancelled:
- Helsinki-Bromma-Helsinki AY833/AY834
- Helsinki-Riga-Helsinki AY1073/AY1074
- Helsinki-Turku-Helsinki AY223/AY224
- Helsinki-Bromma-Helsinki AY845/AY846
- Helsinki-Umea-Helsinki AY887/AY888
- Helsinki-Brussels-Helsinki AY1543/AY1544
- Helsinki-Turku-Helsinki AY225/AY226
- Helsinki-Jyväskylä-Helsinki AY285/AY286
- Helsinki-Tallin-Helsinki AY1027/AY1028
- Helsinki-Bromma-Helsinki AY839/AY840
- Helsinki-Arlanda-Helsinki AY815/AY816
- Helsinki-Rovaniemi-Helsinki AY539/AY540
- Helsinki- Kittilä - Helsinki AY575/AY576
- Helsinki - Vilnius - Helsinki AY1107/AY1108
- Helsinki - Oulu -Helsinki AY439/AY440
If you have a booking on any of the disrupted flights, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking on our website or Finnair App and check that we have your current contact information, so that we can reach you in a case of disruption.
Your options, if your flight is cancelled
1. You can change your travel date +/- 7 days from the original date by contacting Finnair Customer Service.
2. We re-route you to your destination as soon as possible. This may take some time. Thank you for your patience! After we’ve re-routed your journey, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. You can also find your updated travel plan via Manage booking. If you wish to make changes to your re-routing, we kindly ask you to contact Finnair Customer Service.
3. If changing flight date or re-routing is not suitable for your travel plan, you can also apply for full refund for your unused flight ticket.
Jan 16 2019
If your flight has not been cancelled, to ensure smooth travelling, please arrive to the airport well in advance and take only the most necessary baggage with you.
For further information, you can chat with us or call our customer service. We are at your service also on Twitter @FinnairHelps and in our Facebook pages. We are sorry that our customer service is congested.
You can check your passenger rights on our website.
We apologize for any inconvenience!