Use our handy and quick online services for Finnair Plus members
Finnair offers many digital services for our Plus members, and we are even developing new online features constantly. You can for example take care of your bookings, update your personal information, or use your Finnair Plus points online.
As a Finnair Plus member you have the option to handle most of your travel and membership needs online. Our fast-developing digital services mean that you need to contact our customer service less and less.
- The most important benefit for our customers is speed. Our online services are always open, so you can access them when it best suits you, tells Pipsa Hukka, Manager, Loyalty Operations at Finnair.
Not issuing physical Finnair Plus membership cards has been one of the changes brought on by the shift towards digital services. A digital membership card is now available on the Finnair mobile app. You get your card by downloading the app and logging in with your membership information. The card is always kept safe and with you.
Using the online service means that you can always see your membership status, as well as personal points and transactions. It is also possible to add information or make changes to your profile. You can even request a new password in case it got forgotten.
- It is now very easy to keep your information up-to-date online. You could for example add a new email address, your passport information or even your hobbies, Hukka explains.
Points in check
Missing Finnair Plus award points is something that can puzzle members from time to time. The points are however simple to add to your account yourself, without a call to a customer service agent or filling in a contact form.
- The best way to add the missing points is to access your account and put the points in yourself. Doing that means that the agents do not have to process the request and the points are available for you faster, Hukka mentions.
Using points for award flights can also be done online, whether you are using the points for the entire price of the flight or some of it. The option to use the points is offered automatically when you are making the booking.
Even upgrading your travel class is easiest via digital services. You are just as likely to get the upgrade when requesting it online as you are with direct contact to a customer service agent.
Hukka explains that if seats are not available at that moment, everyone wishing for an upgrade will enter the same waiting list. Customer service agents don't have the option to increase availability.
- Many travellers might think that calling or sending a message to our customer service is a more reliable or faster way to get an upgrade. You can however safely do this online, all you need is a pre-booked economy class ticket. It is far simpler for our customer service to handle the requests if the upgrades are requested online.
Shopping and even more services
An important place to visit for all our members is Finnair Shop, where you can use your points in many ways. The online store offers a variety of Finnair awards and products from hotel vouchers to restaurant experiences, home delivery design items to donations.
- You can even buy more award points at Finnair Shop when needed, Hukka mentions.
Travel extras cannot be purchased online yet, but some of them are found on the Finnair mobile app. The possibility to get travel extras on the website is however under construction.
Hukka reminds members that using the online services regularly is a great way to keep up to date – not only of your membership status but also of the many partnerships offering awards and products.
- There are also always new digital services on their way since we keep developing and updating them continually. It's worthwhile to keep an eye on all the options, she sums up.