Flexible booking policy, corona certificates and Finnair Corona Cover
Secured with the Finnair Corona Cover
Finnair Corona Cover is included at no additional cost to all tickets purchased directly from Finnair by 31 August 2021 and departing before 31 October 2021 for international travel originating from Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden or Switzerland. Policy coverage is valid for a maximum of 31 days.
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 (with a positive test result) while abroad, Corona Cover will pay (subject to policy terms and conditions): up to €200,000 for your medical expenses; and up to €100 a day (for a maximum of 14 days) for quarantine costs (for example, unplanned hotel nights or a new return flight in case you miss the original one because you must quarantine).
Protected by our flexible booking policy
With our updated ticket change policy, you can change your travel dates flexibly with no change fee under the following conditions.
- You booked a Finnair operated and marketed flight between 1 April 2020 and 31 December 2021 through Finnair channels (Finnair.com, Finnair app, customer service).
- There are available seats on your chosen new flight.
- The latest day for making changes depends on when you booked your original ticket:
- For tickets booked between 1 April and 31 August 2020, please make changes latest 7 days before the departure of your booked flight.
- For tickets booked between 1 September 2020 and 26 May 2021, please make changes latest 72 hours before the departure of your booked flight.
- For tickets booked between 27 May 2021 and 31 December 2021, please make changes latest 48 hours before the departure of your booked flight.
- Please note that you need to select new dates for your travel when making changes. If you change your travel dates closer to your flight, the change conditions follow your original ticket rules.
- You can unlimitedly change your travel dates without a change fee as long as the 'Book with confidence policy' is valid (until 31 December 2021) and one more change after that, meaning after 31 December 2021.
- If you would like to cancel your booking, a refund will be according to the original ticket rules.
- Please note you need to pay the fare difference between your original and new flight tickets if there is no availability for the initial ticket price. If your new ticket is more economical than the original one, we won’t refund the fare difference.
- If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible. Otherwise, it is eligible for a refund.
Finnair no longer requires corona certificates for flights to Finland
As of 12 July 2021, Finnair as an airline no longer requires you to show a certificate proving corona vaccination, negative coronavirus test or recovery from a previous infection when flying to Finland. The Finnish authorities define the entry requirements to Finland and check the required documents upon arrival.
Travelling to Finland from EU and Schengen countries eases with relaxed travel guidance during July 2021. Read more about travelling to Finland.