Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
- Below you can find the deadlines that apply for check-in. The purpose of these deadlines is to guarantee that flights can depart on time.
- You must have your boarding pass and your baggage must be checked in before the deadline.
- Make sure that you allow enough time to complete the necessary security checks at the airport, and get to your gate on time. Gate closes 15 minutes before departure.
- Online check-in is available up to 36 hours before departure. At the airport the check-in and Bag Drop open at the latest 2 hours before departure.
- If you’re travelling with a direct flight from Helsinki to the United States, please note that the online check-in opens 24 hours before departure and closes 75 minutes before departure. It is important to arrive at the airport well in advance of your departure, as you will need extra time for check-in and security controls required by the US authorities for all direct flights to the US.
- At Helsinki Airport, you can check in for your flight during the previous evening before departure between 6 p.m. and 9.30 p.m. (closed on 24 December).
- Check-in times may vary if your flight is operated by a partner airline; please check the corresponding airlines for correct check-in times.
- Please note that Finnair does not have online check-in in the following airports: Dalaman, Dubrovnik, Rimini, Salzburg and Split.
|Point of departure||Destination||Check-in must be completed|
|Finland||Finland||45 minutes before departure|
|Europe||Europe||45 minutes before departure|
|Europe||Asia, Central America, Middle East||1 hour before departure|
|Europe||United States||75 minutes before departure|
|Asia, North America, Middle East||All destinations||1 hour before departure*|
*90 minutes if you check in at Kowloon railway station.