Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
You can take your musical instrument with you on our flights. Depending on their size, musical instruments are carried either in the cabin or in the hold of the aircraft. Most musical instruments fit in your normal baggage allowance. Each item counts as one piece of baggage. You’ll find more information below.
Musical instruments in the cabin
- You can bring your musical instrument in the cabin when it is packed in a hard case with dimensions no bigger than 125 cm/49 in (width + length + height); the typical size of a violin case. Please place your instrument in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- The musical instrument is counted as one piece of carry-on baggage, and in addition to that you can take with you one personal item such as a small handbag, a small laptop bag or a small backpack.
- If you want to take your instrument in the cabin but it exceeds the size limit (125 cm/49 in), you can do so by purchasing an extra seat. Please contact our Customer Service by chat or phone to book the extra seat.
Musical instruments as checked baggage
- You can carry your musical instrument as checked baggage in the hold of the aircraft when the instrument fits into the size limits: maximum 23 kg (50 lb) and external dimensions no more than 158 cm (62 in). Some exceptions to external dimensions apply: For example, guitars and medium-sized keyboards are considered a standard bag.
- Larger musical instruments up to 32 kg and/or 190 cm x 75 cm x 65 cm can be carried for an additional heavy bag charge.
- If you wish to carry even larger musical instruments exceeding all of the above measures, please contact our Customer Service via chat or phone before you travel. We will do our best to ensure you can carry your instrument with you easily.