Travelling to and via Singapore
The Singapore authorities have introduced requirements for customers transferring via Singapore to a third country.
Please note that travel restrictions are subject to change on a short notice. As a traveller you are always responsible for ensuring that you fulfil the requirements of your final destination and possible transit country.
Entry requirements to Singapore
Singapore welcomes fully vaccinated travellers from Finland as of 29 November 2021. The Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) agreed between certain countries allows quarantine-free travel to Singapore. We will operate all our Singapore flights with VTL status between 29 November 2021 - 26 March 2022.
All customers who choose a VTL flight must fulfil the VTL requirements. Customers must not have any travel history outside of Singapore and/or VTL countries in the past 14 days prior to travel to be eligible for the VTL flights. Should Singapore citizens or permanent residents choose to visit a non-VTL country, they can still travel back to Singapore, but on a non-designated VTL flight. Kindly note that there are other airlines that operate non-VTL flights to Singapore. However, Finnair only operates VTL flights. Please check for more information about VTL here and about entry requirements to Singapore here.
Requirements to travel via Singapore
You may transfer via Singapore Changi Airport if:
- your connection flight from Singapore is operated by Qantas (QF), Jetstar (3K, JQ), Garuda Indonesia (GA), Fiji Airways (FJ), British Airways (BA), SriLankan Airlines (UL) or Vietnam Airlines (VN).
- your QF, 3K, JQ, GA, FJ, BA, UL or VN connection flight is booked in the same ticket as your Finnair flight.
- you have started your journey from one of the following countries: A Schengen country, Bulgaria, Belarus, Canada, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, the Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ireland, Israel, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Russia, Turkey, United Kingdom, or the USA, and along the journey to Singapore, you have not transferred via any countries that are not listed above.
- your baggage is checked through to your final destination.
- you have a negative coronavirus PCR-test certificate taken earliest 2 days before the departure of the first flight in your journey to Singapore. If you have only visited or transited Category 1,2 or 3 countries, a rapid antigen test is also accepted. Category list is available here.
- you will need to undergo a health questions query, before being boarded on the Helsinki-Singapore flight.
- you have all the necessary travel documents, including a valid visa, if needed, and the coronavirus documents required by your final destination country. Please note, you do not need to complete the Passenger locator Form (PLF) for Singapore when in transit.
- your maximum transfer time at Singapore Airport is 48 hours.
- you have pre-booked a room at Aerotel Singapore transit hotel in case your Singapore layover is more than 6 hours until your next connection flight.
Other requirements for connecting flights via Singapore
You may transfer via Singapore with these combinations of operators and destinations:
with Qantas (QF)
- Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth)
with Jetstar (JQ/3K)
- Australia (Darwin, Melbourne, Perth), Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap), China (Haikou and Shantou), Hong Kong, Indonesia (Jakarta, Denpasar-Bali, Medan, Surabaya), Japan (Osaka and Okinawa), Malaysia (Penang), Myanmar (Yangon), Philippines (Clark and Manila), Taiwan (Taipei), Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket), Vietnam (Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City).
with Garuda Indonesia (GA)
- Indonesia (Jakarta)
with Fiji Airways (FJ)
- Fiji (Nadi)
with British Airways (BA)
- Australia (Sydney)
with SriLankan Airlines (UL)
- Sri Lanka (Colombo)
with Vietnam Airlines (VN)
- Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh), effective 24 January 2022
Transfers in Singapore to other destinations than those mentioned above is currently not permitted.
Upon arrival in Singapore:
- You will be disembarked last and taken to a dedicated Transit Holding Area.
- When your connection flight is ready for boarding, you will be guided to the departure gate of your connection flight.
- If you have a layover of more than 6 hours in Singapore, the Aerotel Singapore transit hotel will first escort you from the Transit Holding Area to the hotel and then to the departure gate of your connection flight when the flight is ready for boarding.
For further information about travelling through Singapore please see here.
Check your options here, if your travel plans change due to the travel restrictions.