Safe travel during coronavirus
Change your booking with flexibility
We want to offer you flexibility for making reservation changes and have updated our ticket change policy due to the coronavirus situation.
Flexibility to reservation changes for flights booked between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021
With our Book with confidence policy, you can change your travel dates flexibly with no change fee with the following conditions:
- You made your booking between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021.
- You booked your ticket through Finnair channels.
- You have a Finnair operated and marketed flight.
- There are available seats on your chosen new flight.
- The latest day for making changes depends on when you booked your original ticket:
- For tickets booked between 1 April and 31 August 2020, please make changes latest 7 days before the departure of your booked flight.
- For tickets booked between 1 September 2020 and 31 March 2021, please make changes latest 72 hours before the departure of your booked flight.
- Please note that you need to select new dates for your travel when making changes. If you change your travel dates closer to your flight, the change conditions follow your original ticket rules.
- You can make an unlimited amount of changes to your travel dates without a change fee as long as the Book with confidence policy is valid (currently valid until 31 March 2021) and one more change after that, meaning after 31 March 2021. We will revise the Book with confidence validity period again latest in March 2021.
- Please note that the change in the ticket rules doesn’t apply to Aurinkomatkat (Suntours) and other tour operators’ customers.
- In case you would like to cancel your booking, a refund will be according to the original ticket rules.
- It is good to know that if there is no availability in your original fare class for your new flight, you need to pay the fare difference between your original and new flight tickets. In Finnair Holidays trips, change costs can include the price difference in the flight ticket and accommodations.
If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible. Otherwise, it is eligible for a refund.
This is how you can change your travel date
- Go to Manage booking and select new available dates for your travel.
- You can also contact our customer service. We are sorry if our customer service is congested.
- If you have purchased your ticket partly with Finnair Plus points or you have upgraded your flight with money or a tier benefit, please contact our customer service to change your travel dates.
- If you have a group reservation, please contact your travel agency.
Did you book your ticket on 31 March 2020 or before and would like to make changes? Please contact our customer service at least 7 days before the departure of your flight.
If any further questions arise about changing your travel dates, our customer service is happy to help you. We are at your service also on Twitter @FinnairHelps, our Facebook pages and via chat on finnair.com.
Added security and peace of mind with complimentary Finnair Corona Cover
We want to offer you added security and peace of mind for your travel, in case you get sick with coronavirus while in your destination.
Finnair Corona Cover supplements your own travel insurance and covers for example coronavirus related medical expenses (including a COVID-test with a positive result), additional quarantine costs due to getting sick with coronavirus (e.g. extra nights in a hotel), and a new return flight back home if you miss the original one due to infection.
Finnair Corona Cover is included in all existing and new bookings with no additional cost when you have bought your tickets directly from Finnair and travel abroad from Finland between November 2020 and March 2021 your journey lasting maximum of 31 days. Read more here.
Make travelling even more carefree with Finnair Travel Insurance
Finnair always recommends you to have travel insurance during travel. If you already have travel insurance, please remember to check that it meets all your needs.
In case you need a new insurance, Finnair Travel Insurance in partnership with AIG offers comprehensive protection for you during travelling. It covers, for example, unlimited medical expenses, trip cancellation in case of illness and coverage for your baggage.
Finnair Travel Insurance does not restrict the coverage as per Finland Ministry of Foreign Affair travel advises, and insurance coverage is valid also for those countries where Foreign Ministry advises to avoid all but essential travel to during the coronavirus pandemic. Finnair travel Insurance brings protection to you for medical expenses in case of coronavirus during travelling.
You can choose single trip or annual insurance for yourself and your family and earn up to 2,000 Finnair Plus points.
Feel free to cancel with Finnair Cancellation Cover
When booking your flight on Finnair.com and choosing Finnair Cancellation Cover, you can cancel your flight and apply for a full refund in case you cannot travel due to sudden sickness or accident to you or a close family member.