Flying via Helsinki means that you are flying the shorter and faster route between Asia and Europe. When flying via Helsinki, you will enjoy the compact and uncrowded Helsinki Airport, where all the gates and services are located under one roof, in one terminal building.
Renewed Terminal 2 welcomes you
Opened in December 2021, Helsinki Airport's new Terminal 2 welcomes you with its spacious arrival and departure halls! As the main transit area for Finnair customers, this brand-new Terminal 2 will make connections extra quick and smooth. Catching a train, bus or taxi to or from the airport is now easier than ever as everything is nearby the Terminal 2 entrance.
Finnair departure hall services can be found now in the new Terminal 2.
- The drop-off point for taxis and cars is in front of the new Terminal 2 building. Parking in front of the terminal is not possible, but there is plenty of parking space available nearby.
- After online check-in, you can collect your bag tag from the new, easy to use check-in kiosks in the new departure hall. Then continue for bag drop and security.
- Service desks for check-in, bag drop, priority and special assistance serve you now in the new departure hall.
- Security lanes are gradually moving from the old to the new premises until late May. Follow the guidance at the airport. Priority Security is in the new terminal.
The Terminal 2 arrival hall is open.
- The baggage halls 2A and 2B remain in the current location for now – just follow the baggage hall signs to find your way. After picking up your bag, you will continue to the new customs area and exit in the new arrival hall.
- Finnair Arrival Service is located near the customs.
- From the new arrival hall you can easily access the train and taxi stations, bus stops and parking halls.