See our seat options for short-haul flights within Europe operated with our A320, A321, A319, Embraer and ATR aircraft.
A requested seat cannot be guaranteed, as it may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, for example if the aircraft type changes. In such cases, Finnair aims to provide the most suitable alternative.
Paid seats can be refunded if:
- Finnair cannot offer you the requested seat type or a suitable alternative. See further details below.
- You upgrade your travel class online. In this case, the paid seat will be refunded automatically, and you do not need to apply for a refund.
- You change your flight times in accordance with your fare rules. In this case, you need to purchase your seat again for the new flight and then apply for a refund of the cost of the seat reservation on the original flight.
- The seat reservation was made seven days or more prior to the flight's scheduled departure time and you cancel it within 24 hours from the purchase.
Paid seats will not be refunded if:
- You cancel the flight.
- You are not suitable to sit in the selected seat type, for example Exit row seat.
- You have selected a Standard or Preferred seat, and you are seated a maximum of five rows from the originally selected seat, and the position of the seat in relation to the window or aisle does not change.
- You have selected a Front Row seat or Extra Legroom seat, and you are seated in a different seat of the same type.
- Finnair moves you to a higher travel class or offers you a seat with a higher value.
if you are eligible for a refund, please fill in the refund form.