Can I travel with my musical instrument?
Yes, you can take your musical instrument with you. Depending on the size, it is carried either in the cabin or in the hold of the aircraft.
Musical instruments in the cabin
- Musical instruments packed in a hard case with dimensions that do not exceed 125cm/49in (width + length + height) can be taken on board as carry-on baggage, providing they fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Please note that if you take your musical instrument to the cabin, you cannot have any other carry-on baggage apart from a small bag (40x30x15cm). If your ticket type is Superlight, you may only take a musical instrument on board if it fits into a small bag. You can also purchase a carry-on bag in Manage booking.
- If you want to take your instrument in the cabin but it exceeds the size limit (125cm/49in and 8kg/10kg), you can do so by purchasing an extra seat. Please contact our Customer Service by chat or phone to book the extra seat.
Musical instruments as checked baggage
- You can carry your musical instrument as checked baggage in the hold of the aircraft when the instrument fits into the size limits: maximum 23kg (50lb) and external dimensions no more than 158cm (62in). Some exceptions to external dimensions apply: For example, guitars and medium-sized keyboards are considered a standard bag.
- Larger musical instruments up to 32kg (70 lb) and/or 190 cm x 75 cm x 65cm (75in x 29.5in x 25.5in) can be carried for an additional heavy bag charge.
- If you wish to carry even larger musical instruments exceeding all of the above measures, please contact our Customer Service via chat or phone before you travel. We will do our best to ensure you can carry your instrument with you easily.