Easy transfer at Helsinki Airport
We want you to transfer to your next destination smoothly and conveniently. At Helsinki Airport, all gates are located in one terminal building, along the same short walkway. This means you can be confident that you'll reach your connecting flight fast and hassle-free. At best, changing flights takes just 35 minutes!
- The gate number of your connecting flight will be displayed in Finnair mobile app or on the airport monitors, but you can also ask at the Transfer Service desk for further assistance.
- At Helsinki Airport, the Transfer Service desks are located near gates 29 and 52.
- If you do not have a boarding pass for your connecting flight, the Transfer Service can issue one to you.
- If you have not checked in your baggage for your entire journey, you must collect your baggage from the baggage carousel in the baggage claim area. You should then check your baggage in for your connecting flight – you may also have to go through customs.
- If you are arriving from or travelling to a non-Schengen country, you need to go through passport control. Citizens of the EU, Scandinavia and Switzerland holding biometric passports can skip lines by using the airport's fast and convenient automatic border control machines. Nationals of Japan and South Korea may use these gates during afternoon hours when leaving to non-Schengen destinations.
Fly via Helsinki! Designed to be spacious and cosy for all travellers, our home hub Helsinki Airport is a perfect place to recharge before continuing your journey. Read more about Helsinki Airport services on Finavia’s website.