Please note that Finnair departure services at Helsinki Airport have moved to the new terminal. Learn more about the renewal here.
Check-in for Finnair flights
Below you can find the deadlines that apply for check-in. The purpose of these deadlines is to guarantee that flights can depart on time.
|Point of departure||Destination||Check-in must be completed|
|Finland||Finland||45 minutes before departure|
|Europe||Europe||45 minutes before departure|
|Europe||Asia, Central America, Middle East||1 hour before departure|
|Europe||United States||75 minutes before departure|
|Asia, North America, Middle East||All destinations||1 hour before departure*|
*90 minutes if you check in at Kowloon railway station.
- You must have your boarding pass and your baggage must be checked in before the deadline.
- Make sure that you allow enough time to complete the necessary security checks at the airport, and get to your gate on time. Gates close around 15 minutes before departure – please check the exact time on your boarding pass.
- Online check-in is available up to 36 hours before departure. At the airport the check-in and Bag Drop open at the latest 2 hours before departure.
- If you’re travelling with a direct flight from Helsinki to the United States, please note that the online check-in opens 24 hours before departure and closes 75 minutes before departure. It is important to arrive at the airport well in advance of your departure, as you will need extra time for check-in and security controls required by the US authorities for all direct flights to the US.
- At Helsinki Airport, you can check in for your flight during the previous evening before departure between 6 p.m. and 9.30 p.m. (closed on 24 December).
- Check-in times may vary if your flight is operated by a partner airline; please check the corresponding airlines for correct check-in times.
- Please note that Finnair does not have online check-in in the following airports: Dalaman, Dubrovnik, Rimini, Salzburg and Split.
Please note that if you are travelling on a flight operated by an airline other than Finnair or Norra, you will need to check in via their online service or at their self-service kiosk or check-in desk.