Safe travel during coronavirus
Are you planning to travel and need a certificate proving you are fit to travel? Some countries require a negative coronavirus test result and a certificate from passengers arriving in the country.
Before travelling, check the latest travel restrictions and guidelines by country from our travel requirements map. Some countries require a coronavirus test, and you may obtain the required certificates from any chosen service provider, as long as the certificate fulfils the requirements of your destination country.
With Finnair, you can now take an affordable coronavirus test near Helsinki Airport. Or take advantage of our partnership with private healthcare service companies, Randox and Terveystalo. You can start your journey with peace of mind, as you are provided with an adequate test and a certificate that fulfils your destination country’s requirements.
If you are leaving or entering the UK
Flying with Finnair allows you to gain a discount on the already reduced Randox tests. You can choose a pack that suits your need from the list below and use the discount code provided:
- Amber Travel Pack
- Green Travel Pack
- Pre-Departure Test
- Test to Release
- Day 2 & Day 8 Testing
Please visit the Randox website and use the code FINNAIR to gain your discount.
Please be advised that the tests provided by Randox are for use within the UK only. If you plan to enter or leave the UK, please check the UK government guidelines here. Randox COVID-19 testing services are provided independently of Finnair and we assume no responsibility for such services. Terms and conditions from the testing provider will apply.
How to use the service
- Purchase a kit online. Make sure you leave enough time to receive your kit.
- Collect a nasal and throat swab sample.
- Register online using URN (Unique Reference Number) provided in your kit.
- Return sample using one of the Randox Drop Boxes or the preferred courier, DX.
- Receive results as well as a certificate to the email address provided during registration.
If you are departing from Finland
Affordable coronavirus test services near Helsinki Airport
With Finnair, you can take an affordable coronavirus test at the Finnair main headquarters near Helsinki Airport. We now have both antigen and PCR tests available. The testing is handled by Finnair Health Services.
Please note that Finnair COVID19 test is for asymptomatic travellers only. If you have symptoms of a respiratory infection, please cancel your reservation and seek treatment at a health care unit of your choice, or call your home municipality health advice number.
Finnair rapid antigen test
The Finnair rapid antigen test is fast and reliable. The test is taken from the nasopharynx, and the results will be ready within two hours, so you can conveniently take the test before your journey.
- Price: €65 (for Finnair's passengers), €79 (for other customers). The price includes all costs related to the referral, sampling and electronic certification as well as a new test if the result is positive. Please note that there is no Kela reimbursement for the test (for Finnish citizens). To get the discounted Finnair's customer pricing you need to show your flight ticket or your Aurinkomatkat reservation in the reception.
- Results: if the test is negative, you will receive the results and certificate in English within two hours from the sampling via a secured email. You will receive an SMS once the certificate is sent to your email.
- You can collect the printed certificate from the testing point during opening hours (Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.)
- The results will also be added to your My Kanta Pages if you have a Finnish social security number.
Finnair PCR test
You can now also get an (RT-)PCR test via the Finnair coronavirus test service. Some countries still require an (RT-)PCR test to allow travel.
- Price: €93 (for Finnair's passengers), €120 (for other customers). The price includes all costs related to the referral, sampling and electronic certification. Please note that there is no Kela reimbursement for the test (for Finnish citizens). To get the discounted Finnair's customer pricing you need to show your flight ticket or your Aurinkomatkat reservation in the reception.
- Results: If the test is negative, you will receive the result and certificate in English by 9 a.m. the next day after taking the test in your email via secured email.
- You can collect the printed certificate from the testing point during opening hours (Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.) Please note that if you take the test on a Friday, you will receive the results via email on Saturday morning but the printed certificate will be available on the following Monday.
- The results will also be added to your My Kanta Pages if you have a Finnish social security number.
If your test is positive for coronavirus, you will not be able to travel and you will receive further instructions from the doctor. Some travel insurances may cover the cost of a cancelling trip due to illness, so it’s good to check the terms of your own travel insurance.
Information COVID-19 certificates for minors from My Kanta Pages.
How to get the test
- Book your appointment for the test online at finnairtest.mbooking.fi. You can book the test with a Finnish social security number, or if you don’t have one, with your date of birth. Please note that the test is available by appointment only. Bring your photo ID, or a passport if you want a passport number for the test certificate. When making the booking please give your Finnair booking reference for the discounted price for Finnair's passengers. Also, please be prepared to show your booking at the testing point. You can find your 6-digit booking reference (for example Y2KP3D) from your booking confirmation or e-ticket.
- The testing point is open from Monday to Friday at 8 a.m.–4 p.m. The address is Tietotie 9, Vantaa, Finland.
- You can pay for the test with a debit or credit card at the testing point. We accept the following payment cards and methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Visa Electron, Maestro, Discover, UnionPay, Apple Pay and Google Pay. To get the discounted Finnair's customer pricing you need to show your flight ticket or your Aurinkomatkat reservation in the reception.
- When using public transport, Teknikontie bus stop is right next to the location. Aviapolis and Airport train stations are also within a short walking distance.
- If you arrive by car, you can use the Europark P-HOTT parking hall at Tietotie 9, Vantaa.
- Please follow the signs to the first-floor waiting area and register there. We will call you by name when your turn comes.
Where can I travel with a rapid coronavirus antigen test?
Many countries already accept the rapid antigen test, and we expect the number to increase in the future.
However, if your destination country requires a PCR test, we have also that option available at our coronavirus test services. Alternatively, you can get the test from any other local healthcare provider.
Please keep in mind that you are responsible for having the certificate required by your destination country. You can check the current requirements on our travel requirements map or by contacting the local embassy or other authorities of your destination country.
We use Roche Diagnostics SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test with 96.52% sensitivity and 99.2% specificity. The certificate is signed by a microbiologist.
Can I take the rapid antigen test right before my flight?
Yes, as long as you have booked an appointment and reserved enough time for the sampling, receiving the results, and getting around the airport. You will receive the certificate within two hours of taking the sample, and you must be at the airport at least 2–3 hours before departure. Please note that when travelling to some destinations, you may be requested to show your certificate already at check-in.
How long before my flight should I take the PCR test?
It depends on the destination country how recent the test result needs to be. Please check the requirements on our travel requirements map, or by contacting the local embassy or other authorities of your destination country. Your test result will be ready by the next morning (9 am) after taking the test. You will receive a certificate by email.
Do I need to have a Finnair flight booking to take the test?
No, you can take the test even without a flight booking. Simply book your time at finnairtest.mbooking.fi.
Can I contact the test point by phone?
At the Test Point telephone service, we do not offer advice on destination-specific corona test requirements. Requirements vary from country to country and up-to-date requirements can be checked from our travel requirements map, or by contacting the local embassy or other authorities of your destination country.
Appointments can be done only via finnairtest.mbooking.fi.
In case of problems related to your appointment, you can contact +358 (0)9 818 2002 (Mon-Fri 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. EET/EEST).
In urgent inquiries regarding test results and certificates taken at HOTT testing point, you can contact us by tel. +358 (0)9 818 2001 (Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sat 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. EET/EEST).
What should I do if my test is positive?
If you test positive for coronavirus, you will not be able to travel. We will invite you to a confirmatory test and you will receive further instructions from the doctor. Some travel insurances may cover the cost of cancelling a trip due to illness, so it’s good to check the terms of your own travel insurance.
How can an airline offer coronavirus testing?
Medical testing and health services are not our core business, but as health certificates play a significant role in reopening travel opportunities, we want to help our customers in obtaining them. The tests we use are certified and meet international quality standards.
Finnair Health Services is a health care unit that has been working at Finnair since 1979. We offer occupational health care services as well as aero-medical services for the Finnair Group employees, as well as, for example, aero-medical checks for private customers.
Our partnership with Pihlajalinna
To offer you more options for affordable coronavirus testing, we have partnered with private Finnish healthcare service company, Pihlajalinna.
As a Finnair customer with a Finnair flight booking, you can get your coronavirus test for a discounted price at any Pihlajalinna test location.
The benefits you get
- Discounted price: The rapid antigen test is €80 and RT-PCR test €93. The price includes all costs related to the shipment, sampling and electronic certification. There is no Kela compensation for the test.
- Testing locations all over Finland: an updated list of testing sites can be found on the Pihlajalinna website.
- Fast results: you will receive the test result and a certificate in English via secure email within 3 hours of sampling for the rapid antigen test, and within 24 hours for the RT-PCR test, if the result is negative. The test result is also transferred to your My Kanta pages. Please note that at some test sites the certificate will be delivered within approximately 36 hours. This information is available in the test site details.
How to get the test
- Book your appointment for the test online at Pihlajalinna website at www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair. You can book the test with a Finnish social security number, or if you don’t have one, via the Pihlajalinna telephone service at +358 10 312 010.
- When booking your test, you will need to fill in your Finnair booking reference. Please also prepare to present your Finnair flight booking at the testing point. You can find your 6-character booking reference number in your e-ticket (for example, Y2KP3D).
- You can find the locations and opening hours of the test points on the Pihlajalinna website.
- Both the rapid antigen test and the RT-PCR test are taken from the nasopharynx.
- You can pay for the test at the testing point. The most common debit and credit cards are accepted. If you have a Finnish social security number, you can also ask for an invoice.
- If you need to get the certificate on paper, you can get it from the doctor's office against your identity card, or you can print it yourself from My Kanta.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct certificate required by your destination country. You can check the current requirements on our travel requirements map or by contacting the local embassy or other authorities of your destination country.
Finnair partnership with Terveystalo
Book your PCR test from Terveystalo at a discounted price and get a certificate in a timely manner. If you do not require a certificate, you can also choose a test-only option.
PCR test from nose and throat used by Terveystalo meets the international quality standards. Terveystalo also offers rapid antigen testing from nose and throat or IgM antibody testing through a blood sample.
The benefits you get
- Peace of mind: You know you are not carrying coronavirus without symptoms and will receive a traveller’s coronavirus certificate required by your destination country.
- Speedy service: We guarantee that your test result and certificate are ready in a timely manner considering the destination requirements. Please book your appointment in good time before your travel. Testing is fast through Terveystalo’s wide network and the waiting time for the result is minimised. In the capital area of Finland, you will receive your result in 12 hours from testing and elsewhere in Finland in 30 hours on average.
- Discounted price: As a Finnair customer you get discounted prices on the following services: Terveystalo's asymptomatic person's PCR coronary examination, antigen rapid test and IgM antibody test. You get the discount when using the Finnair service at Terveystalo website.
- Payment with Finnair Plus points: You can use your Finnair Plus points to pay for the service. To use your points, go to Finnair Shop and purchase a voucher before your visit to the clinic. Please note that you need to be logged in to your Finnair Plus account to be able to purchase the voucher.
To receive the Finnair discount, please book your appointment through the channels described below.
Please do this to use the service
- Proceed to Terveystalo online service, and select the desired service.
- When you select the service you want, the chatbot of Terveystalo, Terveysbotti, will first request preliminary information about your trip and then you will be transferred to discuss with a Terveystalo expert.
- The Terveystalo specialist will book your appointment to ensure your test is taken and the result is ready in a timely manner. Choose the clinic that best suits you from Terveystalo’s network.
- In case you want to utilize your Finnair Plus points to pay for the service, go to Finnair Shop and purchase a voucher before your visit to the clinic.
- Visit the clinic for testing following the given instructions.
- Please pay for the test at the clinic. As a Finnair customer, you get the test at a discounted price.
- You will receive an SMS after your result is ready, and you will see the result via Oma Terveys service.
- You will receive the certificate electronically through Oma Terveys service or an encrypted email. The test result is also submitted to the Kanta Service for an EU corona certificate. If you need a signed and stamped copy, you can pick it up from the Terveystalo service point you chose during the chat.
- In case you are unable to use the online service and go through the required strong identification, you can call +358 (0)30 633 9530. The charge is 8,35 cent/call + 3,20 cent/min. From a mobile phone 8,35 cent/call + 19,33 cent/min.
Get the test at the right time
It varies between countries how recent the test result needs to be. Please consult the Terveystalo specialist about your destination country’s requirements when booking your appointment. It is good to notice that travel requirements may change, and it is important that you follow the requirements in your destination closely, as it is always the traveller’s responsibility.