New Helsinki Airport Terminal 2 opening: Finnair services moving gradually to the new premises
Helsinki Airport's new Terminal 2 now welcomes you with its spacious arrival and departure halls. Finnair services are available in the new terminal.
Time to start a journey with us? Welcome to step through the renewed Helsinki Airport for smooth transition from ground to air. Finnair departure hall services are available at the new premises.
This is how you get the smoothest start for your journey:
- Arriving the airport by train, bus, taxi or car is made easy for you with everything nearby.
- The drop-off point for taxis and cars is in front of the new Terminal 2 building. Parking in front of the terminal is not possible, but there is plenty of parking space available nearby.
- Check in in advance via our mobile app or online on finnair.com. Our easy-to-use check-in kiosks at the airport save you from long queues, too. You’ll already find them in the new terminal building. Collect your bag tag from a check-in kiosk, and then continue to bag drop and security.
- Check-in desks with our ground crew, the bag drop, priority services and special assistance will be at your service in the new departure hall from 12 April 2022 onwards. Please follow the guidance in the terminals – we guide you to find your way!
- Security lanes will move to the new Terminal 2 gradually and will be in full service in the new location by late May. Priority Security will serve you in the new premises from 6 April 2022 onwards.
- During the peak hours and busier times, the number of customers at Helsinki Airport and on our flights increases. Please read our tips for travelling during the peak hours and holiday season here.
The brand-new Helsinki Airport arrival hall is now open.
- The baggage halls 2A and 2B remain in the current location for now – just follow the baggage hall signs to find your way. After picking up your bag, you will continue to the new customs area and exit in the new arrival hall.
- Finnair Arrival Service is in a new location near the customs area.
- From the new arrival hall, you can easily access the train and taxi stations, bus stop and parking halls.
- It is good to know that the Finnish health authorities’ coronavirus certificate check point is located near the new baggage halls.