You can easily check in for your flight online on your computer or mobile device and avoid the queues at the airport.
Check-in in advance
Online and mobile check-in
How to check in online
Please use the online check-in tool and follow the instructions. The process will give you all the information you need regarding what to do after check-in and which documents you need to take with you to the airport.
Online check-in opens 36 hours before departure (24 hours for flights to/from the United States), and the service is available 24 hours a day, wherever you are.
Use the Finnair app for check-in
Download the award-winning Finnair app, and you can easily check in and see your trip details, such as boarding passes and gate numbers. The app is available for both iOS and Android.
Good to know when you check in
- During online check-in, you can easily pre-check your corona certificates by using our digital tool with new upload functionality. The service is currently available when you travel from Finland or Sweden to selected destinations.
- In case you checked in in advance and you already have your boarding pass, you can go directly to the bag drop or to your boarding gate via security. Please remember to print your bag tag at the check-in kiosk before dropping your baggage at the self-service counter. Depending on your destination’s travel requirements, we may check your coronavirus related documents at the boarding gate.
- When your flight departs from Helsinki Airport, you can bring your checked baggage to the bag drop the evening prior to your departure.
- If you checked in in advance but did not get a boarding pass yet and you are required to present coronavirus related documents before your flight, please show them to our ground crew in the check-in area to receive your boarding pass. Please reserve enough time for this extra check. We advise you to arrive at the airport 2 hours before your departure or 3 hours before when departing for the USA.
For which flights can I check in online?
All Finnair operated flights departing from Finland and from most Finnair destinations – also when the journey includes a connecting flight.
For which flights is online check-in not available?
- Flights operated by an airline other than Finnair or Norra. In this case, you need to check in with the operating airline’s online service or at their self-service kiosk or check-in desk.
- Flights departing from the following airports: Dubrovnik, Rimini, Salzburg and Split.
Want to know more? See related frequently asked questions