Flying via Helsinki means that you are flying the shorter and faster route between Asia and Europe. When flying via Helsinki, you will enjoy the compact and uncrowded Helsinki Airport, where all the gates and services are located under one roof, in one terminal building.
Renewed Terminal 2 welcomes you
As of 1 December, Helsinki Airport's Terminal 2 welcomes you with its new spacious arrival and departure halls! As the main transit area for Finnair customers, this brand-new Terminal 2 will make connections extra quick and smooth. Catching a train, bus or taxi to or from the airport is now easier than ever as everything is nearby the Terminal 2 entrance.
Finnair departure hall services will gradually move to the new building starting 1 December.
- The drop-off point for taxis and cars will be in front of the new Terminal 2 building. Parking in front of the terminal is not possible, but there is plenty of parking space available nearby.
- After online check-in, you can collect your bag tag from the new, easy to use check-in kiosks in the new departure hall. Then continue for bag drop and security in the current departure hall.
- Check-in desks, bag drop, special assistance and security lanes continue to serve you in the current terminal building until spring 2022. However, you will access these via the new entrance.
The Terminal 2 arrival hall is open from 1 December onwards.
- The baggage halls 2A and 2B remain in the current location for now – just follow the baggage hall signs to find your way. After picking up your bag, you will continue to the new customs area and exit in the new arrival hall.
- Finnair Arrival Service is in a new location near the customs.
- From the new arrival hall you can easily access the train and taxi stations, bus stops and parking halls.