Safe travel during coronavirus
Change your booking flexibly
If you booked your flights by 31 August 2021, you have the freedom to change your travel dates as many times as you need without a change fee. With Finnair, you can book worry-free and make flexible travel plans.
With our 'Book with confidence' policy, you can change your travel dates flexibly with no change fee under the following conditions:
- You made your booking between 1 April 2020 and 31 August 2021.
- You booked your ticket through Finnair channels, that is Finnair.com, Finnair mobile app or Finnair Customer Service.
- You have a Finnair operated and marketed flight.
- There are available seats on your chosen new flight.
- The latest day for making changes depends on when you booked your original ticket:
- For tickets booked between 1 April and 31 August 2020, please make changes latest 7 days before the departure of your booked flight.
- For tickets booked between 1 September 2020 and 26 May 2021, please make changes latest 72 hours before the departure of your booked flight.
- For tickets booked between 27 May 2021 and 31 August 2021, please make changes latest 48 hours before the departure of your booked flight.
- Please note that you need to select new dates for your travel when making changes. If you change your travel dates closer to your flight, the change conditions follow your original ticket rules.
- You can make an unlimited amount of changes to your travel dates without a change fee as long as the 'Book with confidence' policy is valid (valid until 31 August 2021) and one more change after that, meaning after 31 August 2021.
- Please note that the change in the ticket rules doesn’t apply to Aurinkomatkat (Suntours) and other tour operators’ customers.
- In case you would like to cancel your booking, a refund will be according to the original ticket rules.
- Please note you need to pay the fare difference between your original and new flight tickets if there is no availability for the initial ticket price. If your new ticket is more economical than the original one, we won’t refund the fare difference.
If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible. Otherwise, it is eligible for a refund.
This is how you can change your travel date
- Go to Manage booking to easily change the travel date yourself:
- Find the booking you wish to change and click Change flights.
- Select the flight(s) to change.
- Choose the new available date(s) and flight(s).
- Review the changed booking details.
- If you have selected the new tickets with a higher price than the original tickets, pay for the fare difference.
- Confirm your booking.
- You can also contact our customer service. We are sorry if our customer service is congested.
- If you have purchased your ticket partly with Finnair Plus points or you have upgraded your flight with money, Finnair Plus points or a tier benefit, please contact our customer service to change your travel dates.
- If you have a group reservation, please contact your travel agency.
Did you book your ticket on 31 March 2020 or before and would like to make changes? Please contact our customer service at least 7 days before the departure of your flight.
If any further questions arise about changing your travel dates, our customer service is happy to help you. We are at your service also on Twitter @FinnairHelps, our Facebook pages and via chat on finnair.com.
Added security and peace of mind with complimentary Finnair Corona Cover
We want to offer you added security and peace of mind for your travel, in case you get sick with coronavirus while in your destination.
Finnair Corona Cover supplements your own travel insurance and covers, for example, coronavirus-related medical expenses (including a coronavirus test with a positive result), additional quarantine costs due to getting sick with coronavirus (for example extra nights in a hotel), and a new return flight back home if you miss the original one due to infection.
Finnair Corona Cover is included in all existing and new bookings with no additional cost when you have bought your ticket by 31 August 2021 and travel abroad by the end of October 2021 from one of these countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Read more here.
Feel free to cancel with Finnair Cancellation Cover
When booking your flight on Finnair.com and choosing Finnair Cancellation Cover, you can cancel your flight and apply for a full refund in case you cannot travel due to sudden sickness or accident to you or a close family member.