Tips for smooth travelling during the peak hours
During the peak hours, the number of customers at Helsinki Airport and on all our flights increases. Busy times are expected at the airport from time to time and service points, such as check- in or security control may be congested. Please arrive to Helsinki Airport latest 2 hours before your flight.
Below you’ll find some tips on how to make your travel smoother in our international and domestic flights.
- You can read about our health and safety measures during coronavirus and prepare for your flight accordingly.
- If you are travelling with your family and especially with small children, check our family travel pages for more tips.
- We recommend you do the check-in in advance to avoid queues at the airport. Advance check-in starts 36 hours before the flight departure. The check-in kiosks at Helsinki Airport will close automatically 1 hour before your flight, otherwise the check-in closing times vary for different destinations. You can see the closing times here. Check-in for your flight can be done here.
- If you have additional baggage, you may purchase it in advance for a lower price through Manage booking.
- You can minimize the hassle of the departure day by bringing your baggage to Helsinki Airport already the previous evening before your flight. Our Baggage drop is open daily between 18:00 and 21:30.
- Helsinki Airport traffic arrangements have changed as of 2.3.2021 and all taxi traffic and passenger drop-off and pick-up is at Terminal 1. As all Finnair flights depart from Terminal 2, you need to walk about 300 meters from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. You can see further information here.
- As a result of the on-going coronavirus travel restrictions, we check all of your travel documents carefully prior to flight to make sure you are allowed entry to your destination. It is good to allow some extra time also for this document check. Please arrive to the airport latest 2 hours before your international or domestic flight.
Please note there might be changes on services also at the airport in other countries due to on-going coronavirus situation. Please allow some extra time when arriving to the airport, because there may be queues for the check-in, bag drop and security check.
For further information, we are happy to help you via Twitter @FinnairHelps, through our Facebook pages and via chat on finnair.com or Finnair app.
We wish you a smooth trip!