Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
Finnair Plus rules
- 1. General
- Finnair Oyj (hereinafter ‘Finnair’) reserves the right to alter and interpret all rules concerning the Finnair Plus program. All decisions made by Finnair are binding in each individual case. Finnair is not liable for claims made on the products and services of its partners. Each company is instead liable for its own products and services.
- Finnair has the right to exercise its discretion in granting certain benefits in the nature of special offers to certain members only. Finnair is therefore not obliged to grant such benefits to all members. Instead, certain benefits can be granted solely to holders of Finnair Plus cards for specific tiers or to holders of Finnair Plus cards residing in a certain geographic area.
- 2. Membership and membership cards
- Finnair Plus membership is free of charge. It is personal and open to all persons over the age of two (2) years. Members between the ages of 2 and 17 join the Finnair Plus Junior program. Persons under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian to become a member and to redeem awards. They must also provide their parents’ contact information when becoming a member. The guardian is responsible for the Junior members’ username, password and point usage, and for making sure the Junior member complies with the terms and conditions of the Finnair Plus program. The guardian has to be a Finnair Plus member. Membership in the Finnair Plus Junior program will end when the member turns 18. Your Finnair Plus membership card will be there in the Finnair app when you log in.
- To join the bonus program, it is necessary to fill out and sign the Finnair Plus membership form or accept the rules and conditions when joining via the Internet. Only one person per membership number can be accepted as a member. Membership is registered by opening a Finnair Plus point account in the name of a person concerned at the address he/she has given. Companies, organizations, and associations are not eligible for membership. Finnair Plus members approve the Finnair Plus rules by signing the Finnair Plus membership form or by accepting the rules and conditions on the Internet. Use of a Finnair Plus card as such is considered an indication of approval of the Finnair Plus rules.
- Membership and the personal tracking period begin when the information has been registered in the Finnair Plus system. The tracking period is personal and its length is 12 months. A Finnair Plus membership card with a personal membership number in the Finnair app is visible to new members when logging in.
- Finnair Plus cards are neither charge cards nor credit cards.
- Members are obliged to keep their contact information up to date. In addition, members should be aware of changes in the program rules.
- Any transactions on a Finnair Plus member’s account can be checked from the Finnair Plus point statement by logging in to the account on our website. The point balance in the point statement shows the approved points. Finnair reserves the right to remove any points entered in an account incorrectly.
- Finnair Plus cards are for different tiers and entitle their holders to different kinds of benefits. The number of tier points and tier flights (of which at least four must be operated by Finnair) collected during the tracking period affects the tier. Information on tiers and benefits is available on the Internet or from the Finnair Plus Service Center. Finnair is entitled to alter the Finnair Plus tier system (including elimination of the tier system) and the benefits afforded by the different tier cards as it sees fit. Finnair is also entitled to alter the number of Finnair Plus points required for each tier. Points cannot be transferred to a Junior member’s account. A service fee will be added to all point transfers. Points can be transferred online only after the sender has had a Finnair Plus account for more than 90 days. Point transfers before that must be made via Finnair customer care. Points can be collected in only one bonus program at a time and cannot be transferred from a Finnair Plus account to another bonus program or vice versa, unless otherwise stated.
- 3. Collecting points
- 3.1 General
- To have points registered, members must give their membership number when making a reservation and present their membership card when checking in or using the services of Finnair Plus partners.
- The basic unit of the Finnair Plus program is the point. For scheduled flights, Finnair specifies the basis of the number of award points granted as either 1) the region where the passenger is flying to and the ticket type, 2) the distance between the origin and the destination in kilometres and the booking class, or 3) the minimum number of points (the booking class affects the minimum number of points) as stated in the program. For Finnair charter flights departing from Finland, points are granted in accordance with a separate table. Points for nonstop and indirect scheduled flights are granted on the basis of the origin and destination stated on the ticket. If there is a change of aircraft during the trip and the flight number changes, points are granted on the basis of the different legs of the flight. For other services the number of points is based on separate agreements. Finnair Plus points are added to the account in about 1-4 weeks.
- In addition to award points, members can also earn tier points and qualifying flights. Tier points are granted for Finnair and other oneworld airlines' scheduled flights, and they enable the member to move up through the tiers of the Finnair Plus program. Qualifying flights can only be flights from which tier points are granted. In case there are less than 7 days until the end of the tracking period, the tier change will take place at the beginning of the new tracking period.
- Finnair Plus points can be collected only after membership begins. The points granted are personal and have no monetary redemption value. They are collected only by members who fly or use the services of Finnair Plus partners for which points are granted. Persons paying for a trip or service are not eligible for points unless they use the service themselves. Collected points can be transferred between the accounts of Finnair Plus members. The transfer of points is carried out either by logging in to the Finnair Plus online service or at the Finnair Plus Service Center. Points cannot be transferred to a Junior member’s account. A service fee will be added to all point transfers. Points can be collected in only one bonus program at a time and cannot be transferred from a Finnair Plus account to another bonus program or vice versa, unless otherwise stated.
- Points are valid for 18 months from the latest point activity date (earning or using points). Each activity will pass on the validity date for all the award points for 18 months. Unused award points will expire and get cancelled automatically if there is no point activity within an 18-month period. The expiration date can be found on the members Finnair Plus account on the Internet. Finnair is not obliged to remind members of points due to expire separately. Transferring points between accounts does not affect point expiry date.
- Points are not granted for flights or services from which members obtain benefit through some other award system. The same applies to free, contract, award, barter, Finnair Plus Money+Points offers or travel industry discount fare tickets. Also, these flights will not count towards the next Finnair Plus tier. No points are granted for the flight tickets of children under the age of two, who do not have a seat of their own.
Points can be registered retroactively only against the documents listed below:
- For flights: a copy of the flight ticket and of the boarding pass.
- For e-tickets: the itinerary/receipt. A boarding pass stub alone is not sufficient.
- For hotels: a copy of the invoice.
- For car rentals: a copy of the rental agreement.
- Other services: copy of the invoice or receipt
Transactions older than six (6) months will not be registered retroactively. Please note: points can be granted retroactively from one (1) to six (6) months following the transaction, depending on the cooperation partner.
Please note that we will not return the documents.
Please note that certain cooperation partners do not grant points retroactively.
- Companies participating in the Finnair Plus program reserve the right not to grant any points for the services that they offer or to grant only some of the points normally granted. Some partners do not grant any points at all. More detailed information about restrictions of this kind or about changes made in them is available on the Finnair Internet pages and from the Finnair Plus Service Center.
- 3.8 Collecting points from flights
- Members can collect Finnair Plus points after they have become members. However, points for one round-trip Finnair flight (the airline code AY must appear as ‘CARRIER’) submitted with the membership application can be approved retroactively, provided that the flight was not made more than six months before application. Such points are not counted toward advancement to different Finnair Plus tiers.
- Points are granted for all scheduled Finnair (AY) flights for which the official published fare has been paid. The Finnair carrier code (AY) must appear on the ticket as ‘CARRIER’. Points are granted for Finnair charter flights originating in Finland in accordance with a separate table. Finnair reserves the right to designate the scheduled flights and fare and ticket types included in the Finnair Plus program at any time.
- Points are also granted for the flights of any partner airlines provided that the carrier code of the partner appears on the ticket as ‘CARRIER’ and the flight is made on an aircraft of the partner. Points collected from partners do not count toward different Finnair Plus tiers, unless stated otherwise.
- On scheduled flights, points will accumulate in accordance with regions or separately defined multipliers depending on the travel class. The points granted depend on the booking class and the fare or ticket type paid by the passenger for it. Changes effected by the carrier in the booking/travel class neither increase nor decrease the points granted. Finnair reserves the right to grant points in accordance with the defined multipliers depending on the booking class and fare or ticket type. More information can be found in the point tables on our Internet pages.
- Points are granted for Finnair flights canceled or delayed for technical reasons (including reroutings made for the above-mentioned reasons) provided that the member has a ticket (AY code on the ticket) and a confirmed seat for the flight in question. In the event of force majeure, such as cancellation of a flight due to weather conditions or for other reasons beyond the control of Finnair, no points are granted. Neither are points granted when a rerouting has occurred due to force majeure or for other reasons beyond the control of Finnair. If a Finnair flight is delayed (due to force majeure or another reason) and if a member therefore misses a flight operated by a Finnair partner, no points are granted to the member for the partner airline’s flight.
- If the flight is operated by an airline other than Finnair, no points are granted for a flight canceled or delayed for a technical reason (including reroutings made for the above-mentioned reasons). Neither are points granted if the flight is delayed or cancelled due to force majeure or for other reasons beyond the control of the a partner. Neither are points granted when a rerouting has occurred in the event of force majeure or for other reasons beyond the control of a partner. Changes made in these flights, such as reroutings or cancellations of flights, do not make the members eligible for Finnair Plus points under any circumstances.
- Points for flights made are registered in a Finnair Plus account only on the basis of tickets used. Points are not granted for expired, redeemed, unused, or cancelled tickets or for tickets changed to an airline not participating in this bonus program. Points granted for approved tickets are registered after the flight, if members give their Finnair Plus membership number when booking their ticket or checking in. Membership numbers are entered in the reservation system. If the membership number is given when the booking is made or when checking in, the points are registered within 1 to 4 weeks after the flight. For Finnair charter flights, Finnair Plus membership cards should be presented at check-in in Finland.
- 3.15 Collecting points for the services of other partners
- Finnair has agreed with the partners referred to on the Finnair Plus Internet pages concerning cooperation with the Finnair Plus program. Information on the collection of points is available form the website or the Finnair Plus Service Center. Finnair is not responsible for any misprints in these rules. The right to make changes is reserved. Finnair Plus members cannot demand credit for points or awards if the cooperation agreement has changed in this respect.
- For car rental, a separately agreed number of points is awarded each time a car is rented in accordance with the terms set by the car rental company. To ensure that points are granted, members must present their Finnair Plus cards when they rent a car. Points are granted retroactively in accordance with section 3.6 only for car rental agreements made no more than six (6) months before.
- At partner hotels, a separately agreed number of points is collected per overnight or stay. The membership card must be presented at check-in to ensure that the points are credited to the account. If two members share one hotel room, points are granted to only one of them. Points can be granted only once for one hotel room per night or per stay. Points are granted retroactively only for hotel invoices made no more than six (6) months before.
- Points are awarded for purchases (excluding the Snacks & Bar selection) on Finnair flights on terms set separately by Finnair when members show their Finnair Plus cards at the cashier. Points are granted for pre-orders if the Finnair Plus membership number is entered in the order form. Points cannot not be granted retroactively.
- In the manner agreed, Finnair and its finance company partners grant Finnair Plus points for purchases made with a Finnair Plus Diners Club, Finnair Plus MasterCard and Finnair Plus Visa. By using these cards as a charge or credit card in payment of products and services, Finnair Plus points accumulate in the account of the principal holder of the card. Points do not accumulate from cash withdrawals or from invoices paid from the credit account or from account transfers. Points accumulated do not contribute to the member’s tierpoint balance.
- Finnair Plus points are accrued from services provided by other cooperation partners as separately agreed. Some restrictions may apply to the granting of points retrospectively.
- 4. Redeeming and using awards
- 4.1 General
- All Finnair Plus flight awards are ordered from the Finnair Plus Service Center or through the channels provided by it. The award can be redeemed using only Finnair Plus points or a combination of points and money. Information about the number of points needed for a certain award is available on the Internet or from the Finnair Plus Service Center. Certain awards can only be redeemed online. The equivalent number of points is deducted from the account when the award is booked. Awards cannot be converted into cash nor can two overlapping awards be taken. Lost, stolen, or unused tickets or award vouchers are not credited or redeemed. Finnair Plus Service Center has the right to charge a customer retroactively for an award if the member does not have the required amount of points to pay for it. The charge for the award is determined by its current regular price. A service fee will also be collected.
- An award can be given to another person. His/her name must be provided when the award is reserved. Members wishing to allow a proxy to use their account must provide the Finnair Plus Service Center with written authorization.
- Finnair and its partners are entitled in the manner they see fit to determine what kinds of awards are granted to members at any given time. Finnair and its partners are hereby entitled to restrict the number of awards or to refrain from granting awards during a specified period.
- Award bookings should be made at least 7 days and at most 360 days before the planned date of use. If a ticket is delivered to a member by mail, the minimum delivery time in Finland is 7 days and abroad 10–30 days.Finnair reserves the right to refuse to accept orders that are made less than seven (7) days before the date of use. More detailed rules regarding booking and purchasing are available from the Finnair Plus Service Center.
- Members themselves pay airport taxes, passenger charges, service fees and other payments set by Finnair or the authorities. Members are responsible for all taxes and like payments (including VAT) related to the award or benefit in accordance with current legislation. Finnair is not liable to members for any taxes or other costs. Taxes are not refunded if the award trip was cancelled after the ticket was redeemed. Finnair is not liable for any taxes or other costs that may be incurred by member. Members are themselves responsible for obtaining visas and other official documents.
- The value of award flights or other Finnair Plus offers cannot be determined by comparing them with flights, overnights at hotels, or other such service for which normal prices are charged. The price of a flight ticket varies according to when and where it is purchased and the type of ticket in question. The same also applies to other awards. The value of award trips is also restricted by the fact that they are less available than tickets at normal fares and subject to booking restrictions. The terms for purchasing of tickets are stated separately.
- 4.7 Cancellation of awards
- With respect to an award granted by one of Finnair’s partners, the cancellation terms of the partner in question or the general terms for package tours are observed. These terms stipulate what payments a member cancelling an award must make as a consequence of the cancellation, and whether certain payments made by the member (for example airport taxes and passenger charges) will be refunded to him/her in connection with cancellation. If a member cancels an award before using it, Finnair returns the points deducted for the unused award on presentation of a voucher or other like document. If a voucher (for example a hotel voucher) valid for a fixed period is presented, Finnair does not, however, return the points, even though the voucher was not used. With respect to flight awards, section 4.11 and the cancellation terms of the airline in question are applied.
- 4.8 Flight awards
- Flight awards can be redeemed for the scheduled flights of Finnair or Finnair Plus partners. There are a restricted number of seats in the passenger class required for award flights. Award flights cannot be booked at certain specified times or on certain specified routes. Finnair and its partners are entitled to restrict the number of flight awards granted as they see fit. Information about such restrictions is available from the Internet and the Finnair Plus Service Center. Members are not therefore entitled by their points to a seat on a certain scheduled flight. If the flight is operated together with some other airline, awards are granted only from the seat quotas of airlines participating in the Finnair Plus program. Tickets for flight awards can be redeemed only at separately designated Finnair offices. Flight awards cannot be redeemed for Finnair charter flights with Finnair Plus points.
- There must be a confirmed seat for all legs of an award flight. Awards redeemed on scheduled flights cannot be combined with any other fare type or discount fare nor be used in partial payment of any other fee, however, with the exceptions referred to in section 4.12.
- All award flights are round-trip flights and must return to the departure location (with the exception of one-way award flights). Returning from a different destination is possible (exceptions are made by individual airlines), although the number of points deducted for the award will always be based on the higher sector. Trips cannot be interrupted at stopovers and must instead be continued to the destination on the next available flight. However, one stopover is allowed on intercontinental flights. Round-trip award flights cannot be made during the same day. Award tickets for scheduled flights are valid for 12 months from the date of booking and the return flight must always be made within this period.
- The points from unused flight awards (flights of Finnair and Finnair Plus partners) are returned to the member’s account providing that the journey was cancelled before the ticket was redeemed and the Finnair Plus Service Center was notified of the cancellation at the latest by the weekday preceding the journey. If the journey is cancelled after the ticket has been redeemed, but before the beginning of the journey, the points are returned to the member’s account in exchange for the unused ticket. The member is charged a cancellation fee of €50 per ticket or the equivalent sum in another currency. The residual part, i.e. taxes and passenger fees, is returned. If a change is made to the journey after the ticket has already been issued, the member is charged a fee of €50 per ticket or the equivalent sum in another currency as well as the taxes and passenger fees incurred due to the change. With Classic awards, it’s possible to make changes to the return flight for a change fee of €50 per passenger. Changes must be made at least one day before the original return flight and re-routing is not permitted. Changes are only possible to award flights operated by Finnair. If the member does not cancel the flight (no-show), points will not be returned. A Finnair flight award ticket is valid only on the airline for which it has been issued.
- 4.12 Upgrade awards on Finnair flights
- Upgrades can be made only on scheduled Finnair flights (an AY aircraft and the AY code on the ticket). The member must have a confirmed Economy Class booking and a redeemed flight ticket to which the Finnair Plus Service Center can attach the award. Upgrade awards can only be given for tickets issued at published fares. The restrictions for the original Economy Class ticket are valid regardless of the upgrade. In case of rerouting, the rules for the booking class of the original ticket are observed and travelling takes place in Economy Class. Although seats are restricted in number, Finnair attempts to confirm the upgrade 37 hours before the flight in the manner desired unless bookings on the flight prevent this. If the upgrade is not confirmed at this time, waitlist will be cancelled and points/vouchers will be refunded within 1–4 business days. Upgrade awards can be used to advance only one travel class at a time. It is not possible to use an upgrade award on certain separately designated Finnair flights. Finnair is entitled to set restrictions on upgrade awards and to make changes in these restrictions as it sees fit. Information on restrictions is available on the Internet and from the Finnair Plus Service Center.
- 4.13 Other awards
- The voucher for the award must be ordered online through Finnair Shop (www.finnairshop.com). The validity and any other restrictions related to the award are shown on the document sent to members via email. Vouchers for Priority Club Rewards must be ordered four (4) weeks prior to the intended use.
- Reservations are made by members themselves directly with the reservation center of the partner of their choice. When making a reservation, members must state that it is for a Finnair Plus award. The original award voucher must be presented when using the award.
- 4.15 Car rental awards
- Awards are available on the terms set by each car rental company. Any fuel, additional insurance, and other expenses are paid by renters themselves. Cars must always be returned to the location from which they were rented. Normal car rental requirements such as age, driver’s license, and credit-worthiness (an international credit card) must be met for award rentals.
- Vouchers are issued in the name of the actual driver, whose name should also be on the rental agreement. No changes can be made in the vouchers, except by the Finnair Plus Service Center or the car rental company in question.
- 4.17 Overnight awards in hotels
- Hotels participating in the Finnair Plus program reserve the right to restrict the number of award overnights by region or hotel, to charge more than one award voucher per night per room, and to set other terms and restrictions on the use of an award. The Priority Club Rewards sets the point requirements for its own awards.
- 5. Termination or alteration of the Finnair Plus program, termination of membership
- Finnair may at any time terminate the Finnair Plus program or replace it with another program by notifying members of this in writing at least six (6) months before such termination. Points remain valid for six (6) months beginning on the date of notification; hereafter all points are cancelled. Finnair is not obliged in any way to make compensation for any unused points or awards.
- Finnair is entitled at any time to discontinue the membership of any member without the member having given due cause therefor by informing the member in question six (6) months before termination of membership. The points of the member remain valid for six (6) months beginning on the date of notification; hereafter all points are cancelled. Finnair is not obliged in any way to make compensation for any unused points or awards.
- Finnair is entitled at any time to discontinue the membership of a member when the member has given due cause therefor. Moreover, Finnair is entitled in such cases to cancel the points of a member without advance notification. The above-mentioned due causes given by a member include any breach of the rules presented herein or the falsification, alteration, sale, or unauthorized transfer to another person of documents such as flight tickets or vouchers entitling a member to awards.
- Members are entitled to discontinue membership at any time by notifying the Finnair Plus Service Center of this in writing. Finnair cancels the points of the member after receiving notification. Membership ends on the death of a member.
- Finnair is entitled at any time and at its discretion to make changes in the Finnair Plus program, the Finnair Plus rules, and the awards granted to members (including changes in partners, point collection, points accumulated, numbers of points required for awards, granting of flight awards and restrictions concerning them, the procedure for redemption of awards, and the validity of points). Such changes take effect immediately and without advance notice, unless specified otherwise by Finnair. Finnair notifies members of changes via the Finnair Plus Internet pages. Notification of changes is also made in the Finnair Plus News and like publications if such notification is current at the time of publication. Finnair does its best to keep customers up-to-date on the services of the Finnair Plus program. Members can find the latest current information on the Internet or from the Service Center. Members approve any change by continuing to use their Finnair Plus cards. If a member does not approve the changes made, he/she is entitled to discontinue membership in accordance with section 5.4. Finnair is not liable for losses caused by the changes made (including loss of points, loss of benefits, or deterioration of benefits) nor is Finnair obliged to make compensation for these losses in any other way.
- Finnair is entitled to discontinue the Finnair Plus membership of a customer by removing his/her personal details and membership number from the Finnair Plus membership register in case no transactions have been registered on member 's account during the last ten (10) years and consequently no valid Finnair Plus points exist.
Customers can rejoin the Finnair Plus program by filling in a Finnair Plus membership application.
- 6. Other terms
- Finnair is not liable for any loss related to membership in the Finnair Plus program or to a member unless Finnair has caused such loss deliberately or through gross neglect.
- Efforts will be made to resolve all unclarity resulting from the operation of the program in a spirit of good will between Finnair and members. Finnish law will be applied with regard to the Finnair Plus program and any disputes will be resolved in a lower court of law in Finland.
- Numerous Finnair partners participate in the service of the Finnair Plus program. In addition to information concerning the Finnair Plus program distributed via Finnair Plus customer mail, marketing material from Finnair and its partners may also be provided to members. Finnair may turn over personal data on members to its partners for purpose of direct marketing by them. Finnair Plus partners may thereby also use the information in the Finnair Plus customer register for their own direct marketing. Partners do not transfer customer information to third parties. Members are entitled to forbid transfer of their personal data to Finnair’s partners by notifying the Finnair Plus Service Center of this in writing. If you choose not to receive any marketing emails from Finnair, we will only send you transactional emails about your account and membership, such as a monthly point balance email. You cannot unsubscribe from these emails.
- The use of points earned from employer-paid business travel are subject to instructions given by the employer and applicable legislation including tax laws, which shall be adhered to when making use of the benefits. Some countries may have specific legislation applicable to state and public- sector employees, and we recommend that you make sure you know and understand these rules if they apply to you. Some benefits might result in tax implications, for example fringe benefits taxation. We recommend that you consult your accountant or tax adviser to ensure you understand the possible tax implications. Further information for Finnish clients can also be found on the Finnish Tax Administration website at www.vero.fi.
- Finnair is not liable for any misprints in these rules. The right to make changes is reserved.