With the form below, you can apply for a refund for an unused ticket, an unused part of your flight ticket or an undelivered, chargeable travel extra (for example seat or meal).
Please note: We currently have delays in the refund processing due to a high volume of coronavirus related refund applications. Our average handling time is approximately 8 weeks. Please send your request only once, as duplicates will further delay handling the applications. We are sorry for the inconvenience this situation may cause you.
In case you decide to cancel your reservation:
- Please cancel your reservation first on the Manage booking page or through Finnair Customer Service.
- Then apply for a refund using the form below.
- If you want to apply for a refund for several bookings, please note that you need to send a separate form for each booking.
- Please note that a refund depends on your ticket type. If you are entitled to a refund, it will be calculated according to the fare rules of the ticket you have purchased. If you want to know the exact amount before cancelling the ticket, please contact our customer service.
In case we have cancelled your flight due to a flight disruption (for example coronavirus):
- You can go directly to the refund form below and fill it in.
- You can also apply for a refund after your flight departure date, until the end of 2020.
- We will fully refund the unused part of your flight ticket, if we have cancelled your flight due to a flight disruption.
Finnair gift voucher as a refund option
When you apply for a refund for your unused flight ticket due to the coronavirus situation, you can choose to have your money back to your bank account or credit card or as a Finnair gift voucher. With the gift voucher we give you additional value – the value of the gift voucher is 10% more compared to the money back option.
With the gift voucher you can book Finnair flights (with an AY code) through our website or our customer service. The voucher can’t be used as payment for travel extras.
The voucher is valid for one year. Please make the reservation during the validity of the voucher, but you can travel also later. The voucher is not personal, so you can give it to someone else or purchase flights for others as well. We send you the gift voucher within 4 weeks by email together with instructions for booking a flight with the voucher.
Please note that you can choose the gift voucher as a refund option, when you have paid your ticket fully with money, meaning through online banking or credit card. If you purchased your ticket fully or partly with Finnair Plus points, we refund your unused ticket to your bank account or credit card and return the points to your Finnair Plus account. If you booked your flight through a travel agent, please contact them for a refund.
Did you apply for a refund on 18-31 March and would like to switch to a gift voucher? We will send you an email on 1 April through which you can request this change, if you wish.
If you have purchased a Finnair Cancellation Cover you can apply for a refund on the Finnair Cancellation Cover Claim page.
If you have already used your flight ticket or travel extra, but want to apply for compensation or give feedback, you can do it through Feedback and claims page.