Travelling to and via Singapore
The Singapore authorities have introduced requirements for customers travelling to Singapore.
Please note that travel restrictions are subject to change on a short notice. As a traveller you are always responsible for ensuring that you fulfil the requirements of your final destination and possible transit country.
Entry requirements to Singapore
Singapore welcomes fully vaccinated travellers from Finland as of 29 November 2021. The Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) agreed between certain countries allows quarantine-free travel to Singapore. We will operate all our Singapore flights with VTL status as of 29 November 2021 until further notice.
All customers who choose a VTL flight must fulfil the VTL requirements. Customers must not have any travel history outside of Singapore and/or VTL countries in the past 7 days prior to travel to be eligible for the VTL flights. Should Singapore citizens or permanent residents choose to visit a non-VTL country, they can still travel back to Singapore, but on a non-designated VTL flight. Kindly note that there are other airlines that operate non-VTL flights to Singapore. However, Finnair only operates VTL flights. Please check for more information about VTL here and about entry requirements to Singapore here.
As of 16 March 2022 passengers who have past 7 days travelled or transited through non-VTL countries in EEA (European Economic Area), are allowed to enter Singapore.
Requirements to travel via Singapore
You may transfer via Singapore Changi Airport if:
- your baggage is checked through to your final destination.
- you will need to undergo a health questions query, before being boarded on the Helsinki-Singapore flight.
- you have all the necessary travel documents, including a valid visa, if needed, and the coronavirus documents required by your final destination country. Please note, you do not need to complete the Passenger locator Form (PLF) for Singapore when in transit.
- your maximum transfer time at Singapore Airport is 48 hours.
- If the traveler's final destination country/region has a pre-departure test requirement, travelers are advised to take their pre-departure tests at the originating country as such testing services are not available during transit in Singapore.
- Transit travelers with a layover at Changi Airport of less than 24 hours do not have to take or present proof of having taken a pre-departure test.
For further information about travelling through Singapore please see here.
Check your options here, if your travel plans change due to the travel restrictions.