Flexible booking policy and corona certificates
Protected by our flexible booking policy
With our updated ticket change policy, you can change your travel dates flexibly with no change fee under the following conditions.
- You booked a Finnair operated and marketed flight between 1 April 2020 and 31 August 2021 through Finnair channels (Finnair.com, Finnair app, customer service)
- There are available seats on your chosen new flight.
- The latest day for making changes depends on when you booked your original ticket:
- For tickets booked between 1 April and 31 August 2020, please make changes latest 7 days before the departure of your booked flight.
- For tickets booked between 1 September 2020 and 26 May 2021, please make changes latest 72 hours before the departure of your booked flight.
- For tickets booked between 27 May 2021 and 31 August 2021, please make changes latest 48 hours before the departure of your booked flight.
- Please note that you need to select new dates for your travel when making changes. If you change your travel dates closer to your flight, the change conditions follow your original ticket rules.
- You can make an unlimited amount of changes to your travel dates without a change fee as long as the 'Book with confidence' policy is valid (until 31 August 2021) and one more change after that, meaning after 31 August 2021.
- If you would like to cancel your booking, a refund will be according to the original ticket rules.
- Please note you need to pay the fare difference between your original and new flight tickets if there is no availability for the initial ticket price. If your new ticket is more economical than the original one, we won’t refund the fare difference.
- If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible. Otherwise, it is eligible for a refund.
Corona certificate requirement on our flights to Finland
We require a certificate proving corona vaccination, negative coronavirus test or recovery from a previous infection if you travel to Finland from a country that the Finnish Border Guard has listed in a restriction category. Please ensure you have the required travel documents to travel – as a traveller you are responsible for following the travel restrictions in your destination and transit country.
Passengers with an international connecting flight in Helsinki don't need the certificate. Finnish citizens born in 2005 or later can return to Finland without quarantine or testing on arrival. Read more.