Flexible booking policy
Flexible booking policy
With our updated ticket change policy, you have extra flexibility to make reservation changes for free.
You can change your travel dates flexibly with no change fee on the following conditions:
- You booked a Finnair operated and marketed flight between 1 April 2020 and 31 August 2021 through Finnair channels (Finnair.com, Finnair app, customer service)
- There are available seats on your chosen new flight.
- The latest day for making changes depends on when you booked your original ticket:
- For tickets booked between 1 September 2020 and 31 August 2021, please make changes latest 3 days before the departure of your booked flight.
- Please note that you need to select new dates for your travel when making changes. If you change your travel dates closer to your flight, the change conditions follow your original ticket rules.
- You can make an unlimited amount of changes to your travel dates without a change fee as long as the Book with confidence policy is valid (currently until 31 August 2021) and one more change after that, meaning after 31 August 2021. We will revise the Book with confidence validity period again latest in August 2021.
- If you would like to cancel your booking, a refund will be according to the original ticket rules.
- If there is no availability in your original fare class for your new flight, you need to pay the fare difference between your original and new flight tickets.
If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible. Otherwise, it is eligible for a refund.
Corona certificate requirement on our flights to Finland
We will require a certificate of either a negative coronavirus test or previous coronavirus infection from all travellers on our flights to Finland from 28 January onwards, in line with the recommendation by Finnish health authorities. Please ensure you have required travel documents to travel. This requirement does not concern you when you connect to an international flight at Helsinki nor children under the age of 12. However, the certificate is recommended for children aged 7-11 years. Read more.
Please note that as a traveller you are responsible for following the travel restrictions in your destination and possible transit through country.