If you have booked by 31 May 2022
Under the following conditions, you can change your travel dates as many times as you need without a change fee until 31 May 2022 – and one more time after that.
- You booked a Finnair operated or marketed flight between 1 April 2020 and 31 May 2022.
- You booked your ticket through Finnair's direct channels, which are, Finnair.com, Finnair mobile app and Finnair Customer Service, or through a travel agency. If you booked through a travel agency (e.g. Aurinkomatkat) or have a group booking, please contact your travel agency to make a ticket change.
- There are available seats on your chosen new flight.
- Please note you need to pay the difference between the original and new fare if your ticket is no longer available at its initial price. If your new ticket is at a lower price than the original one, we cannot refund the difference.
- The latest day for making changes depends on when you booked your original ticket:
Changes allowed until
1 April–31 August 2020
7 days before the departure
1 September 2020–26 May 2021
72 hours before the departure
27 May 2021–31 May 2022
48 hours before the departure
- Please note that you need to select new dates for your travel when making changes. If you change your travel dates closer to your flight, the change conditions follow your original ticket rules.
- If you would like to cancel your booking, a refund will be according to the original ticket rules.
- Please note that the 48 hours limit for ticket changes doesn't apply to our Classic and Flex tickets, as with them you can make changes to your travel dates also closer to your departure.
If you purchased a travel extra and change your travel date, we will move the travel extra to your new flight if possible. Otherwise, you can apply for a refund.
This is how you can change your travel date
- Go to Manage booking to change the travel date yourself easily.
- Find the booking you wish to change and click Change flights.
- Select the flight(s) to change.
- Choose the new available date(s) and flight(s).
- Review the changed booking details.
- If you have selected the new tickets with a higher price than the original tickets, pay for the fare difference.
- Confirm your booking.
- If you are unable to make changes online, you can contact our customer care through our easy-to-use chat service. We are sorry if our customer service might be congested at times.
- If you have purchased your ticket partly with Finnair Plus points or upgraded your flight with money, Finnair Plus points or a tier benefit, please contact our customer service to change your travel dates.
- If you have a group reservation, please contact your travel agency.
If you tried to change your travel dates online or through our customer service but were unable to do so at the latest 48 hours before departure, our customer service can also make the change later. Please contact us within one month from your departure date. The refund goes according to the ticket rules.
If you book on/after 1 June 2022
As we end the exceptionally flexible booking conditions needed during the coronavirus pandemic, our normal ticket rules apply for new bookings made from 1 June 2022 onwards.
There are still numerous options if you want flexibility for reservation changes. Firstly, we recommend choosing our Flex or Classic ticket. The Flex ticket is the most flexible one as it is fully refundable and allows travel date changes. Our Classic ticket includes the option to change travel dates. See what's included in different tickets on our Ticket types page.
You can also have extra peace of mind by purchasing the Finnair Cancellation Cover at the time of booking your flight. It gives Light and Classic ticket holders additional flexibility by allowing them to cancel flights and apply for a full refund if they or their close family member cannot travel due to suddenly getting ill or injured. Find the details of this extra service from the Cancellation Cover page.
If any further questions arise about changing your travel dates, our customer service is happy to help you. We are at your service via chat on our website and also on the Finnair app. You can also browse all recent travel updates and check your passenger rights.