Impact of the situation in Israel on Finnair flights
Due to the uncertainty related to the current situation in Israel, Finnair will cancel its Tel Aviv flights until October 29, 2024.
Finnair has canceled all flights to Tel Aviv until October 29, 2024 due to the uncertainty related to the current situation in Israel. Flights are canceled throughout the winter season and the upcoming summer season.
We are, unfortunately, unable to reroute customers currently in Israel, despite the efforts. Alternative flights are very limited and fill up quickly. We recommend that you contact the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The ministry has stated that they will organise the evacuation of Finnish travellers in the Israel region.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will make the decision on possible evacuation flights and will share more information. Finnair will work together with the ministry and other officials when needed. We do not fly to Tel Aviv or use Israeli airspace in this situation. Safety is always our first priority.
We are very sorry for the situation.
How do I know if my flight is cancelled?
If you have a booking on any of the disrupted flights, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information, so that we can reach you in a case of disruption.
You can choose from the following options, if your flight is cancelled
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination as soon as possible. Please note that in the current situation, the availability of alternative flights is very limited. Thank you for your patience. We’ll send you your new flight information via SMS and/or email, and you can check it and other possible flight options also via Manage booking.
- If we are unable to offer you an alternative flight but you wish to travel, you can contact our customer service for re-arrangements.
- In case you don’t want to use any of the flights in your booking and want to cancel your whole booking and apply for a refund or we have cancelled all the flights in your booking, you can apply for a refund online in Manage booking.
- If you want to use some of the flights in your booking and apply for a refund of a cancelled flight, please contact our customer service.
- For flight tickets purchased through other service providers, such as a travel agent, please contact them directly to make changes to your booking or apply for a refund
Contacting our customer service
If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or a tour operator, please contact them to make changes to your reservation or to apply for a refund. If you booked your ticket through Finnair, our customer service is working hard to help you in this exceptional situation. We recommend the chat service on our website or via Finnair mobile app. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
In case you need hotel accommodation due to our re-booking and you have already started your journey, we will try to arrange hotel accommodation for you. If you are at the airport, please contact our ground crew at the airport. If we couldn’t arrange accommodation for you or if you are not at the airport and you choose our rebooking, you can book the accommodation yourself and apply for a compensation of reasonable hotel and ground transportation costs afterwards from us. Please keep the receipts for the claim and contact us via our contact and request forms.
You can check your passenger rights here.