What do I need to consider when travelling with my pet?
To ensure that your pet's travel experience is as smooth as possible, please take the following things into account:
- Make your reservation online well before the journey and let us know about your pet without any delay (within 24 h) by contacting us via our chat service. Please have at hand the dimensions of the pet transportation container as well as the total weight of the pet and the container. If we cannot accept your pet for the flights requested, you can get a refund for your ticket.
- If you already have a booking, please notify us about the pet via the chat service.
- Check that your transportation container complies with regulations. Read more.
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents. To find out what documents are required and what rules apply to transporting your pets to/from other countries, we recommend consulting the embassies of the country of departure and the country of destination.
- If you are travelling with your pet, please check in at the ticket counter instead of using self-service check-in options.
To some destinations, pets must always be transported as cargo, e.g. United Kingdom, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates and Australia. See Finnair Cargo for further details. Please note that it may not be possible to transport animals to all countries.