Some changes in traffic on 26 November due to an industrial action
Due to the Finnish Aviation Labour Union’s (IAU) support strike on Monday, some changes are possible in our traffic also on Tuesday 26 November. Seven intercontinental flights are cancelled. Also, delays are possible.
The cancelled intercontinental flights are return flights to those flights that didn’t depart from Helsinki to the destinations during the support strike on Monday.
We are following the situation closely and will update any new information on this page. We do our best to minimize the effects on our customers.
You can check up to date flight information here.
The cancelled flights on 26 November are:
- San Francisco - Helsinki (AY012)
- Tokyo Narita - Helsinki (AY072)
- Hong Kong - Helsinki (AY102)
- Shanghai - Helsinki (AY088)
- Seoul - Helsinki (AY042)
- Beijing - Helsinki (AY086)
- Bangkok - Helsinki (AY145)
If you have a booking on any of the disrupted flights, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or e-mail. Please go to Manage booking on our website or Finnair App and check that we have your current contact information, so that we can reach you in a case of disruption.
Your options, if your flight is cancelled
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination as soon as possible. As the availability of alternative flights is limited, re-routing may be difficult and take time. Thank you for your patience. After we’ve re-routed your journey, you can find your updated travel plan via Manage booking. If you wish to make changes to your re-routing, you can check possible alternatives in Manage booking, or contact Finnair Customer Service or your travel agency.
- You can change your travel date and choose to travel until 1 December on flights operated by Finnair or Norra, if there is availability in your original travel class. You can change your reservation by contacting Finnair Customer Service or your travel agency.
- You can apply for a full refund for your unused flight ticket.
Limited meal service on Tuesday flights
Please note that on Tuesday 26 November, the meal service will be limited especially on domestic flights and within Europe, and it is uncertain that we could deliver your pre-orders to the flights. It is a good idea to take your own snacks with you. If you didn’t receive your pre-ordered meals or products, you can apply for a refund online.
For further information, you can contact our customer service. We are at your service also on Twitter @FinnairHelps, in our Facebook pages and via chat on finnair.com. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested.
You can check your passenger rights on our website.