Информация о рейсе
Changes in our traffic plan for winter 2022-2023
Finnair has updated its traffic plan for 30 October 2022 – 25 March 2023. See the instructions here if your travel plans are affected due to changes.
Finnair has adjusted its traffic plan for 30 October 2022 – 25 March 2023, as our operating environment has changed drastically during this year with the war in Ukraine and the subsequent closure of Russian airspace. Our aim is to operate a traffic plan that is as economically viable as possible. The traffic plan update includes flight cancellations and schedule changes. We are sorry about the harm and inconvenience the changes may cause to your travel plans.
We cancel all our flights to Krabi and Chicago for the upcoming winter season, and discontinue the direct flights from Stockholm Arlanda to New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Bangkok and Phuket. In addition, on some routes we reduce weekly frequencies. In Japan, instead of Tokyo Narita, we fly daily to Tokyo Haneda, which offers excellent connections to our partner’s Japan Airlines network out of Haneda.
If there would be any further changes to the traffic plan, we will communicate about them directly to affected customers. You can check available destinations and flights on our booking engine.
How do I know if my flight is cancelled or the schedule is changed?
If there are changes to your flight, we’ll contact you personally via SMS and/or email. We are making changes gradually and will inform the affected customers within a couple of days. Please go to Manage booking and check that we have your current contact information.
Your options if your flight is cancelled
If you have received a message of a flight cancellation, these are your options:
- We do our best to re-route you to your destination with other Finnair flights. Please note that the availability of alternative flights is currently limited. We’ll send you your new flight information via SMS and/or email. Please accept the change or to see other possible flight options in Manage booking.
- If we are unable to offer you an alternative flight but you wish to travel,, you may contact our customer service for re-arrengements.
- In case you don’t want to use any of the flights in your booking and want to cancel your whole booking and apply for a refund, you can do it online in Manage booking.
- If you want to use some of the flights in your booking and apply for a refund of a cancelled flight, please contact our customer service.
- For flight tickets purchased through other service providers, such as a travel agent, please contact them directly to make changes to your booking or apply for a refund.
Please note that due to the schedule or/and flight change, unfortunately we might not be able to confirm some of the pre-purchased or pre-booked travel extras such as meals or pet transportation to your new flights. You can check your confirmed services in Manage Booking. If you do not receive travel extras purchased from Finnair, you can apply for a refund online. For travel extras purchased through other service providers, such as a travel agent, please contact them directly.
Changes to bookings for flights to be operated between November 2022 and February 2023
- If we haven’t cancelled your flight but you wish to cancel your reservation, the refund will be according to the ticket rule.
- For bookings made latest on 31 May 2022, you can change your travel dates via Manage booking or our customer service without a change fee and travel within your ticket validity. Check more detailed conditions and instructions for making changes here.
- For bookings made from 1 June 2022 onwards, our normal ticket rules apply. Read more about the normal ticket rules here and our ticket types and their benefits here.
Contacting our customer service
If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or a tour operator, please contact them to make changes to your reservation or to apply for a refund. If you booked your ticket through Finnair, our customer service is working hard to help you. We are at your service also via chat on our website or Finnair app. We are sorry that our customer service may be congested. If you are not travelling within the next 60 days, we kindly ask you to contact us at a later date via chat or phone. If you need guidance on entry restrictions, please visit our interactive Travel requirements map.
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Check also our QA here.
You can see your passenger rights here.