Entry requirements to Hong Kong
The Hong Kong authorities have introduced requirements for customers arriving in Hong Kong.
Please note that entry restrictions might be subject to change on short notice. All customers are responsible for ensuring that they are allowed entry into the country they are travelling from, to or are in transit through.
- You are required to fill out Passenger Locator (PLF) and quarantine forms. The Hong Kong health authorities recommend that you do this electronically earliest 48h prior to arrival via this link.
- Also, you will be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival.
- You need to stay in 14 days quarantine in a hotel after arriving in Hong Kong. Quarantine is with your own expense and you need to provide a confirmation of room reservation. Please note that for example accommodation in Airbnb, hostel, service apartment, or staying with a friend is not allowed. If you live in Hong Kong, it is allowed to stay home during the quarantine.
- There are restrictions in place for foreigners arriving in Hong Kong, for example, EU-nationals are not allowed entry currently unless holding residence permits.
- Customers who have been in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, South Africa, Kazakhstan, United Kingdom or in the USA in the past 14 days must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) nucleic acid test result that has been issued earliest 72 hours before flight departure. The certificate must be in Chinese or English and bear the name of the customer and his/her identity card or passport number. The medical certificate shall have been issued by an ISO 15189 accredited laboratory or healthcare institution and the customer must hold documentary proof to show that the laboratory or healthcare institution in question is ISO 15189 accredited or is recognized or approved by the relevant authority of the government.
- Customers will also need to provide a confirmation of a room reservation in Hong Kong for at least 14 days starting on the day of arrival. These documents need to be shown to the airline agent before being accepted on the flight and to the authorities on arrival. As of Oct 1st this requirement also applies to customers who have transited or visited the United Kingdom in the past 14 days.
Transferring via Hong Kong to other international destinations is allowed, if:
- your flight to Hong Kong and your connecting flight from Hong Kong, are included in the same ticket (separate tickets are not allowed).
- you have boarding passes to all flights printed at the check-in counter of your departure airport, and your baggage is checked through until the final destination.
- Maximum connection time is 24h.
- you are eligible to enter at your destination country (the country's COVID-19 restrictions and travel document requirements are fulfilled).
- you do not have an onward flight to mainland China (connecting flights to mainland China are currently only allowed for passengers holding Diplomatic passports).
- Transferring via Hong Kong from mainland China to other countries is currently allowed if other requirements mentioned above are fulfilled.
Latest entry restrictions can be found via the IATA website and appropriate consulate or embassy.
Check your options here, if your travel plans change due to the travel restrictions.