Renewed Terminal 2 opening
As of 1 December 2021, Helsinki Airport's Terminal 2 welcomes you with its new, spacious arrival and departure halls. Brand-new Terminal 2 will make public transportation extra quick and smooth. Parking and catching a train, bus or taxi to or from the airport is now easier than ever as everything is near by the Terminal 2 entrance.
Finnair departure hall services will gradually move to the new building starting 1 December.
- The drop-off point for taxis and cars will be in front of the new Terminal 2 building. Parking in front of the terminal is not possible, but there is plenty of parking space available nearby.
- We recommend you to do an online check-in. After online check-in, you can collect your bag tag from the new, easy to use check-in kiosks in the new departure hall. Then continue for bag drop and security in the current departure hall.
- Check-in desks, bag drop, special assistance and security lanes continue to serve you in the current terminal building until spring 2022. However, you will access these via the new entrance.
The Terminal 2 arrival hall is open from 1 December 2021 onwards.
- The baggage halls 2A and 2B remain in the current location for now – just follow the baggage hall signs to find your way. After picking up your bag, you will continue to the new customs area and exit in the new arrival hall.
- Finnair Arrival Service is in a new location near the customs.
- From the new arrival hall, you can easily access the train and taxi stations, bus stop and parking halls.
- It is good to know that the Finnish health authorities’ coronavirus certificate check point will be near the baggage halls as of 1 December 2021.