Digital tool for corona certificate checks before journey
With our digital tool, you can check your coronavirus certificates already before your journey.
We introduce our pre-check my certificates tool with a feature that allows you to upload your coronavirus-related documents for a pre-check in advance. The tool is designed to bring ease and peace of mind when preparing for your next journey. It makes your departure at the airport smoother and faster.
The tool is available for departures from Finland to China. If the pre-check tool is available for your journey, you are guided to use it in our online and mobile check-in.
Using the tool is easy, do this:
- Check the travel requirements in your destination using our travel requirements map or through your destination country's government or embassy website and make sure you have the required certificates.
- Check-in in advance via our mobile app or online at finnair.com. After your check-in is completed, the tool will guide you to your next steps.
- Choose the traveller and the flight for which you want to pre-check your certificates. Upload all required documents into the service. Please have your vaccination or test certificate and possible passenger locator form or other required documents at hand. You can upload a digital document from your files or add a picture of your printed document. When using mobile devices, you can also scan your vaccination or test certificate.
- Once your documents are confirmed, you will see a green “confirmed” sign, and you can proceed to collect your online or mobile boarding pass.
- It is good to know that some documents are sent to our pre-check team to be checked, and this may take a while. We will notify you via email after your documents have been checked. You can also go back to the check-in service to see your status, or once you get your boarding pass in Finnair app, you know your documents have been confirmed. In case our pre-check team is unable to confirm your documents in advance, you can present them at the airport to receive your boarding pass.
- Remember to take the required corona certificates with you when you travel, as you may be asked to show them at any point of your journey.
- With your corona certificates pre-checked and the boarding pass already in your pocket, at the airport you may proceed directly to bag drop or via security check to your boarding gate. When using our self-service bag drop, please remember to first print the bag tag from a self-service check-in kiosk.
Do you have more questions about using the tool? Check our FAQ below.
What should I do with my certificates if I am travelling to a destination for which the digital tool is not available?
Check the travel requirements in your destination using our travel requirements map or through your destination country's government or embassy website and make sure you have the required certificates.
Certificate pre-checks are currently not needed. Just check in normally online or mobile and collect your online or mobile boarding pass. At the airport you can go directly to bag drop or via security check to your boarding gate.
If your travel destination requires corona certificates, please remember to take them with you when you travel, as you may be asked to show them at any point of your journey.
In which format the documents need to be?
We accept the following formats: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg and .png. The maximum allowed file size is 5 Mb.
What about the language requirements?
The accepted languages for the documents depend on your destination requirements. Please check our travel requirements map for more information. English documents are usually accepted to all destinations, so we recommend having documents in English.
My status is Under review? What does it mean?
When your documents are Under review it means your documents are still being checked. This may take a while. We will notify you via email after your documents have been checked, or you can go back to the check-in service to see your status. Once your documents are confirmed, you get your boarding pass by logging into the online or mobile check-in. In case your documents are not confirmed in advance, you can present your corona-related documents at the airport to receive your boarding pass.
How do you ensure my data security?
We at Finnair need your consent to handle your health certificates. By uploading your documents you provide us your consent.