Entry requirements to Singapore
The Singapore authorities have introduced requirements for customers arriving in the country.
Please note that entry restrictions may be subject to change on short notice. You are responsible for ensuring that you are allowed entry into the country they are travelling from, to or are in transit through.
- All customers, including Singapore citizens, are required to complete an online arrival and Passenger Locator Form (PLF) prior to arrival
- You can provide the information earliest 36 hours before your journey
- Temperature screening will be performed for all customers at the departure gate in Helsinki. Those not fulfilling the health requirements set by the destination health authorities, or if one of the following coronavirus symptoms is met, will be denied boarding.
- You have a fever
- You have any symptoms of Covid-19
- You have been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 21 days
- You have had close contact with any COVID-19 case in the last 14 days
- It is mandatory by the destination authorities for all passenger over 2 years of age to wear a mask during the flight and masks should not be removed unless necessary, e.g. during meals
- All customers are required to serve a Stay-Home Notice (SHN) when entering Singapore
- Transferring via Singapore from Finnair flight AY131 to other destinations is not allowed
Passengers entering Singapore must comply with Singapore’s public health and immigration requirements as specified by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority on its website at safetravel.ica.gov.sg/
Entry to Singapore is only allowed for citizens and permanent residents of Singapore. Latest entry restrictions can be found via the IATA website and appropriate consulate or embassy.
Check your options here, if your travel plans change due to the travel restrictions.