Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
Through check-in policy
Finnair takes care of passenger’s through check-in in all cases where the passenger has an agreement of carriage with Finnair and the through check-in is technically possible and is according to local instructions. This agreement of carriage requires that the passenger holds a Passenger Ticket and Baggage Check, or an electronic ticket, as defined in the Conditions of Carriage and issued by Finnair or on its behalf.
Passenger’s flight reservation (PNR) and flight ticket (single agreement with specific airline) are not always the same thing. Each ticket with different ticket number is an independent agreement of carriage with the ticketed air carrier. It is not possible to through check either passenger or baggage between separate flight tickets even if they are in the same PNR. Check-in is possible only to the final destination on each individual agreement of carriage (= flight ticket).
It’s important to remember that MCT (Minimum Connection Time) at each airport is based on the assumption that flights are booked on the same ticket and this way passenger and baggage may be through checked to the final destination. In case flights are on separate tickets, passenger has to collect baggage and recheck on the connecting flight at the transfer station thus MCT is no longer valid. Passenger shall be informed already at the time of reservation that check-in can be done only as far as Finnair has a contract of carriage with the passenger.
Finnair through check-in policy
Passenger and baggage shall be through checked to the final destination as indicated by the flight ticket, provided it constitutes one single agreement of carriage with Finnair. Finnair will provide through check-in for a journey ticketed in a single PNR; this includes segments ticketed separately but booked in the same PNR (and/or referenced in a single PNR during the time of booking).
In addition to the basic rule Finnair will allow through check-in of customer and baggage with separate tickets on separate PNRs on AY–AY (including AY franchising flights operated by Norra) connections when the transfer is within the Minimum Connection Time (MCT). For AY–AY connection flights on the separate PNRs have to be both marketed and operated by Finnair or Norra and flights ticketed on the 105-stock. The agent shall always inform the customer of the destination where the customer and his or her baggage are checked-in to.
Through check-in policy for connecting flights in India (in DEL Finnair operates at T3)
|HEL – DEL – HEL||Same ticket||Separate tickets||Automatic baggage transfer|
INT – INT
(e.g. AY – other airline)
|YES||NO||YES, see more details below|
INT – DOM
(AY – other airline)
- passenger YES
- baggage YES, passenger needs to clear customs in DEL
|NO||NO, customs in DEL|
INT – INT
(other airline – AY)
DOM – INT
(other airline – AY)
|YES - only for airlines operating T3||NO||YES - only for airlines operating T3|
INT – INT (e.g. HEL – DEL – KTM or HEL – DEL – BKK v.v.)
- No Indian visa is needed for INT – INT connections with a confirmed booking for onward flight
- INT-INT passengers will have to go to the transfer area and contact Finnair ground handling agent (BWFS) staff for assistance
- BWFS staff will fill out a direct transit slip with all relevant information and deliver it to other airline personnel
- Direct Transit (DT) procedure is handled between the airlines (AY - other airlines) and other airline will issue new boarding pass, retag and security screen passenger's baggage for onward flight
- Same procedure applies vv. on INT – INT flights (other airline - AY)
INT – DOM (e.g. HEL – DEL – BOM)
- INT – DOM passengers must always clear Indian immigration and customs at the first port of entry
- PASSENGERS WHO ARE THROUGH CHECKED IN AND HAVE THEIR DOMESTIC CONNECTION FROM T3 SHOULD COLLECT THEIR BAGGAGE FROM THE ARRIVAL BELT AND THEN, EITHER PROCEED TO THE TRANSFER AREA IN THE ARRIVAL HALL OR TO THE CHECK-IN COUNTERS OF THE CONCERNED AIRLINES TO DROP OFF THEIR BAGGAGE
- PASSENGERS WHO ARE NOT THROUGH CHECKED IN AND HAVE THEIR DOMESTIC CONNECTION FROM T3 SHALL EITHER PROCEED TO THE TRANSFER AREA IN THE ARRIVAL HALL OR TO THE CHECK-IN COUNTERS OF THE CONCERNED AIRLINES TO GET THE BOARDING CARD FOR THE DOMESTIC SECTOR AND FOR RE-TAGGING OF THEIR BAGGAGE
- PASSENGERS HAVING THEIR DOMESTIC CONNECTION FROM THE OTHER TERMINAL (TERMINAL 1D) SHALL TAKE A SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM T3 AND PROCEED WITH THEIR BAGGAGE TO TERMINAL 1D WHERE THEY WILL GET THE NEW BOARDING CARD FROM THE CONCERNED AIRLINES AND THEIR BAGGAGE WILL BE RETAGGED
DOM – INT (e.g. DEL – BOM – HEL)
- PASSENGERS ARRIVING AT TERMINAL 1D MUST COLLECT THEIR BAGGAGE FROM BAGGAGE BELT UPON ARRIVAL AND PROCEED TO TERMINAL T3. A SHUTTLE SERVICE BETWEEN TERMINAL 1D AND TERMINAL T3 IS AVAILABLE. ONCE REACHING TERMINAL T3 PASSENGERS SHOULD PROCEED TO AY CHECK-IN COUNTERS. AY WILL ISSUE NEW BOARDING PASS AND RE-TAG THE BAGGAGE TO AY FLIGHT
- PASSENGERS WHO ARE THROUGH CHECKED IN AND ARRIVE AT T3 CAN DIRECTLY PROCEED TO THE BOARDING GATE FOR AY FLIGHT AFTER CLEARING IMMIGRATION AND SECURITY. THEIR BAGGAGE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFERRED TO AY FLIGHT.
- PASSENGERS WHO ARE NOT THROUGH CHECKED IN AND ARRIVE AT T3 HAVE TO COLLECT THEIR BAGGAGE IN THE ARRIVAL HALL AND THEN PROCEED TO AY CHECK-IN COUNTERS IN THE DEPARTURE HALL. AY WILL ISSUE NEW BOARDING PASS AND RE-TAG THE BAGGAGE TO AY FLIGHT
The feedback form is used to improve our website. Please note that we are unable to answer contact requests made via this form. Please do not share any sensitive personal information in this form.