Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
Sports equipment: Specify what it is with weight and dimensions.
SRSPEQ-SKIS 200X20X20 CM WEIGHT 10KGS/S3-4/P1
- A ski or snowboard bag is considered one piece of baggage.
- The fee for a ski or snowboard bag depends on the baggage allowance of your ticket as well as how much other baggage you’re taking with you. If your ticket bears the code “1 PC”, you can take one ski or snowboard bag or one other piece of baggage free of charge. If you wish to travel with both, you will need to pay an extra bag charge.
- The maximum weight of one ski or snowboard bag is 23 kg and it includes related equipment, such as skis and poles.
- If ski shoes or snowboard shoes are packed in a separate bag, they count as one item of checked-in baggage. If it exceeds the allowance on your ticket, a normal extra bag charge will be collected.
- You can normally take skiing equipment without informing us beforehand. However, if you’re travelling in a group of ten or more people who will be taking skiing equipment, please inform us in advance, as space on some of our aircraft is limited.
- Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members are allowed to carry one ski or snowboard bag free of charge.
- Ski jumping equipment and other skis longer than 220 cm (79 in) are counted as oversized items and a heavy bag charge applies. A prior approval is needed from the airline.
Golfing equipment may consist of one golf bag containing golf clubs and a pair of golf shoes.
The transportation charge is €75 or USD/CAD100 for intercontinental flights, and €55 for flights within Europe and the Middle East. For tandem bikes, the fee is doubled. Fees are for flights in one direction.
Please note that SSR BIKE is always stand by on ATR operated flights.
Number of bikes & dimensions.
If the bike is tandem, quantity must be 2
SR BIKE AY NN2-1 TANDEM BIKE DIM 20X50X150CM
Travel agencies can charge the fee with EMD-A:
- Create the SSR element
- Price with FXG
- Add form of payment TMI/M1/FP-VI4012XXXXXXXXXXXX/1217*CV123
- Issue EMD: TTM/M1/RT (Only EMD allowed).
- The ticket needs to be issued before or at the same time as the EMD-A, so that the EMD-A will get associated with the ticket.
- These services are all quota based, and they will be confirmed upon availability.
- EMD-A issuance is not possible before SSR has been confirmed. EMD creation is only possible from SSR element-
- EMDs are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. However, EMDs can be voided during the issuance day until the sales report has closed.
Preparatory to transportation of bicycles, the handlebars shall be fixed sideways, the pressure of the tires reduced to avoid any problems in the unlikely event of pressurization changes during flight and, if possible, the pedals removed. When necessary, sharp projective parts shall be protected with plastic or cardboard to avoid damage to other load. Possible bags shall be detached from the bicycle itself.
Wind surfing and surfboard equipment and kayaks
If windsurfing boards, surfboards and kayaks exceed the maximum measures (190 cm x 75 cm x 65 cm), a prior approval is needed from the airline. A fixed rate of €150 or USD/CAD200 is collected at the airport.
Scuba diving equipment
If the diving equipment includes air tanks, a heavy bag fee applies.
Vaulting poles may be transported as baggage on most Finnair routes excluding routes solely operated by E70/90 aeroplane. Transportation of vaulting poles requires special loading and both the length and width of the item are critical. All dimensions are needed already at the time of reservation. The maximum length may be 540 cm and diameter of pole baggage 20 cm in order to fit the poles into the aeroplane’s holds. A fixed rate of €150 or USD/CAD200 is collected at the airport.
Avalanche Rescue Backpack
- One Avalanche rescue backpack per person is allowed as checked baggage or cabin baggage, except on flights to/from USA.
- The backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot be accidentally activated.
- Airbags within the backpack must be fitted with pressure relief valves.
- The trigger mechanism cannot contain more than 200 mg net of explosives in Division 1.4S and a cylinder of compressed gas in division 2.2 (non-flammable, non-toxic) not exceeding 250 ml.
- The cartridge must be attached to the backpack, no separate spare cartridges allowed for transportation.
- Prior approval from Finnair is needed. If transported as checked baggage, please insert information as SR SPEQ: SSR SPEQ AY NN1- AVALANCHE RESCUE BACKPACK + details of the trigger mechanism/gas cylinder
The feedback form is used to improve our website. Please note that we are unable to answer contact requests made via this form. Please do not share any sensitive personal information in this form.