Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
Online and mobile check-in
Check in online either on your computer or on a mobile device, and avoid the queues. Online check-in opens 36 hours before departure. The service is available 24 hours a day, wherever you are – at home on your sofa, in a hotel, at the office or in an Internet cafe.
You can also download Finnair app (iOS and Android) and check in quick and easy.
Which flights does the service apply to?
- All Finnair operated flights departing from Finland and from most destinations abroad – also when the journey includes a connecting flight.
- Please note that check-in for flights to/from the USA opens 24 hours before departure.
- Please note that if you are travelling on a flight operated by an airline other than Finnair or Norra, you need to check-in at the operating airline’s online service/self-service kiosk/check-in desk.
- Please note that Finnair does not have online check-in in the following airports: Dalaman, Dubrovnik, Rimini, Salzburg and Split.
How to check in online
To check in online, please log in to the service and follow the instructions. The process will give you all the information you need regarding what to do after check-in and which documents you need to take with you to the airport.
Save time before the departure of your flight and leave the check-in to us: if you have not done the check-in online, we will automatically do the check-in for you and send your boarding pass to your mobile phone. Automatic check-in will be done 6 hours before your flight’s departure time.
How to register for automatic check-in
You can start using the service by adding your mobile phone number to your Finnair Plus profile. Please remember to update your mobile phone number if it changes.
You will also receive the service if you give your mobile phone number when making the reservation.
How to check in automatically
- You will receive a text message with the check-in confirmation including your seat number and a link to your mobile boarding pass.
- If you want to change your seat or do the check-in for people travelling with you, you can easily do it using the link in the mobile boarding pass or online at the Finnair website. Check-in can also be modified at the Finnair self-service check-in kiosks at the airport (excluding London Heathrow and Copenhagen airports).
- Open the mobile boarding pass before security check and use it as an identifier.
- In order to use the mobile boarding pass, your phone must have a functioning internet connection. If not, please pick up a paper boarding pass from the Bag Drop desk at the airport.
The feedback form is used to improve our website. Please note that we are unable to answer contact requests made via this form. Please do not share any sensitive personal information in this form.