Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
- A ski or snowboard bag is considered one piece of baggage.
- The fee for a ski or snowboard bag depends on the baggage allowance of your ticket as well as how much other baggage you’re taking with you. If your ticket bears the code “1 PC”, you can take one ski or snowboard bag or one other piece of baggage free of charge. If you wish to travel with both, you will need to pay an extra bag charge.
- The maximum weight of one ski or snowboard bag is 23 kg (50 lb) and it includes related equipment, such as skis and poles.
- If ski shoes or snowboard shoes are packed in a separate bag, it counts as one item of checked-in baggage. If it exceeds the allowance on your ticket, a normal extra bag charge will be collected.
- You can normally take skiing equipment without informing us beforehand. However, if you’re travelling in a group of ten or more people who will be taking skiing equipment, please inform us in advance as space on some of our aircraft is limited. Also, if your flights are operated with smaller aircraft, such as ATR or Embraer, please inform our Customer Care beforehand as space is limited.
- Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo, Platinum and Gold members are allowed to carry one ski or snowboard bag free of charge.
- If you’re travelling on a Finnair scheduled flight, you can pay excess-baggage fees on our website via the Manage booking link.
- If you’ve bought your flights or holiday package from a tour operator, you can pay excess-baggage fees here.
- Finnair recommends that you protect your sports equipment when you travel.
- Ski jumping equipment and other skis longer than 220 cm (79 in) are counted as oversized items and a heavy bag charge applies. A prior approval is needed from the airline.
The feedback form is used to improve our website. Please note that we are unable to answer contact requests made via this form. Please do not share any sensitive personal information in this form.