Choose your account type
Join Finnair Plus and enjoy exclusive offers and benefits at home and abroad, or create a Finnair Account for faster flight bookings and easy access to all your info on Finnair.com.
|Feature||Finnair Account||Finnair Plus|
|Save your personal details for faster bookings||Included||Included|
|See all your upcoming flights at a glance||Included||Included|
|Manage your preferences||Included||Included|
|Earn Finnair Plus points and use them on flights, travel class upgrades and more||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy exclusive member offers, best flight deals and event invitations||Excluded||Included|
|Enjoy offers and benefits with our over 150 partners around the world||Excluded||Included|
Firearms and ammunition
Weapons and ammunition for sporting and hunting purposes are carried as checked baggage with a specific permission from the airline.
- A firearm case may contain maximum 2 rifles or shotguns (long arm) or 5 guns (short arm).
- A firearm case is always considered one piece of baggage, and extra bag charge applies if the allowance is exceeded.
- A handling fee always applies to the transportation of firearms. On flights within Finland, Europe, Russia and the Middle East, the fee is €45 per firearm, and on flights to/from Asia and North America €80/$90 per firearm. The fee can be collected beforehand with an EMD-A.
- The firearm must be unloaded and packed in a sturdy package.
- Securely boxed cartridges may be carried as checked baggage only in quantities not exceeding 5 kg (including the package) per passenger. The ammunition may not include explosive bullets or incendiary bullets, and their classification must be 1.4S and their UN number either UN 0012 or UN0014.
- These conditions also apply to the carriage of replicas, decommissioned guns and guns for game purposes, e.g. airsoft and paintball guns.
- WEAP fee is refundable. If e-ticket is reissued to another route after EMD-A has been issued, refund Weapon handling fee EMD and issue a new one for the new routing.
- Please note that it is not possible to travel with weapon to/via London Heathrow.
- Add SSR e.g.
One case and 3 kg of ammunition
SRWEAP AY NN1-2 SHOTGUNS IN 1 CASE AND AMMUNITION 3 KGS/S3-4/P1
Two guns in two separate cases, no ammunition
SRWEAP AY NN2-2 SHOTGUNS WITH NO AMMUNITION/S3-4/P1
Note: Add info about ammunition, even if none is taken onboard.
- Info check-in that the passenger carries a gun.
SRCKIN- PSGR CARRYING SPORTSGUN/S3-4/P1
- Price with FXG.
- Issue EMD-A
- For travel within Finland only; if VAT breakdown is not available automatically on EMD receipt, add YF tax breakdown in FE element so that it is printed on the EMD receipt: TMI/FE-VAT 10% 4.55 EUR * TAXABLE VALUE 45.45
- If baggage allowance is exceeded, charge the extra bag with SSR PDBG.
Transporting guns to Manchester
When flying to Manchester, please note that only bolt action type sporting rifles and conventional sporting shot guns may be transported. The maximum amount of shots may not exceed 2 cartridges.
Transport of pistols and revolvers as well as automatic or half-automatic weapons, self-loading or pump-action rifles is not allowed unless chambered for .22 rim fire. The passenger is responsible for formalities and customs clearance at arrival in Manchester. The passenger also has to be able to show an invitation to a competition or from a landowner, and a hunting card or equivalent.
The feedback form is used to improve our website. Please note that we are unable to answer contact requests made via this form. Please do not share any sensitive personal information in this form.